ZBrushCentral

Weekly Sketch Group(Topic#7 - Anthropomorphic Reptile, Amphibian, or Crustacean)

yeah agreed there’s a lot more participation with these then before plus new people are participating each time… and two weeks for these challenges well give us a bigger time frame to be able to sketch something well at least for me any ways…

yeah im going to try to join in this if i can…:wink:

Man, maybe I should visit ZBC more often. Challenge #7, and I didn’t even know they were going on.

Great to see you posting, Spaceboy. And who doesn’t love Zoidberg? Great sculpt, but I would expect nothing less from you.

Can’t wait to see what Troy comes up with. June 3 is not too far away, maybe I will come up with one myself.

sloshy sloshy sloshy, was just thinking about you in relation to these. you’re like one of the old challenge fathers. hope you join in. glad to see you are still around.

Just had a birthday last week. I think “old” and “father” might sting just a little right now :wink:

I have had no interest in doing any art for quite awhile now, but I’m thinking about getting back into it. I’ve been dabbling with ideas for a few weeks now (ironically, I was thinking about doing some “humanimals”, and I also had an idea for a Dr. Seuss Challenge that I was thinking about putting up.) I’m glad to see someone has revived the weekly (or bi-weekly, or monthly) challenges. They were always a lot of fun.

I can’t guarantee that I will submit anything. As I said, my interest has been very low these days. It’s hard to devote the time to any projects when your attention and time are constantly in demand. But I will try.

Thanks for getting the challenges going again, Dribble. Hahaha, Dribble and Slosh! That’s weird. Sounds like another straight tequila night.

Haha no problem! I love doing these challenges, especially now that people are participating!

I’m in the process of moving right now so my time is limited as far as these challenges are concerned but hopefully I’ll manage to get this one done. I’ve got a ton of Ideas rolling around for it.

I might actually need someone to take over for about two weeks with these challenges while I get my place set up and get internet service but I’m not 100% positive on that yet.

Slosh and Dribble, we could be ninja turtles villains.

wasn’t able to work on this over the weekend, so 3 days lost. a little progress on the head.

wish there were more people in this one.

Attachments

ZBrush-Document.jpg

Ok…first time I have noticed the Weekly Sketch Group threads. I have not been too observant.

Trying to make a Tree Frog/Archer. Not being too patient with the mesh, just gonna force it into place. ![TreeFrog_TopicSeven03.jpg|677x682](upload://zcj6eZWlGDvCdtei5fegCc6KWcF.jpeg)

Attachments

TreeFrog_TopicSeven02.jpg

TreeFrog_TopicSeven01.jpg

TreeFrog_TopicSeven.jpg

great work clubitz, love the pose and idea. only crit is you could make the toes more frog like. love to see it colored.

Totally agree Spaceboy. Hopefully I will be able to pull some feet out of that. I would have started over on this mesh a while ago, because of the poor mesh, but it has been fun to just go for it.

Hey, I am just starting up with Zbrush and I could use all the practice I can get :D. I started this snake guy - he will have a shirt and stuff but this is the basic structure I will update when I have something better

Attachments

snake.jpg

frogger wip1.jpg hello zbrush community!

I wanna show u guys my frog dude and see if u guys like it, hope i can get some critique from you guys,!

frogger wip2.jpg just like the title, hope u guys like it! this is what i was lookin for ! now all dats left is some trnspose and resculpt :smiley:

I can see good basic form in this one, maybe it needs to be refined a little for an upclose shot, but thats the main problem with my models too.

You have to sit on them for ages to get a good uplcose shot of it.

okay, so sorry for the awful absence i’ve been reworking the website. however i’m still gonna do at least a lil bit
let me know what you think
[ATT=]quick-alligator.jpg[/ATT]

Attachments

quick-alligator.jpg

okay so realizing how hard the last one was to see i repainted let me know what you think[quick-alligator.jpg]

I like the texture, what mat-cap is that?

gw_hardstyle its on the zbrush page

great work all!

yeah i feel dat the model needs some more redifining but i was thinkin about doin the redefinition once the model is transposed, that way i can do a better closeup rnder on the the frog dudde, thanks for the advice!:smiley:

so im to that point where i start putting clothes on but first i thought I would pose him a little more interesting, maybe a bit more in action thinking a spear and maybe some native american type armor would be fun
[ATT=]quick-alligator2.jpg[/ATT]

Attachments

quick-alligator2.jpg