ZBrushCentral

Weekly Sketch Group(Topic#6 - 1 of 10 Popular Mythical/Fantasy Creatures)

so just finished up dominance war today. will probably get something posted on here later tonight. leaning towards goblin at this point

Hey finally some action in here :slight_smile:
thx for all the nice comments.

I like the entries so far, especially the idea with the mermaid is quite original.

I did some work on the hands.

Also another idea on texturing: Half transformed human half rock. Don’t know which one i like better. What do you think?

[troll06.jpg]

Hi all. I´m sketching out a grypho. Hope the idea can be figured out, if not, please comment just to improve it. Thanx in advance.ghyphoBlock.jpg

StephanH, nice update, personally i prefer the non fleshed version, if you are going to make it look semi organic i would not go with a flesh tone but more greys, also don’t forget that moss and things could be growing on it, cracks too etc.

Malo, nice start!

StephanH. Please, please, don´t flesh it. I would love to see how far you can take your piece with only a rock look. Just a

thought:o:o:o

Can’t wait to see your entry Orkan!

Stephan, I also prefer the non-flesh version but it was a close call for me. I thought you had already been going for a rocky looking troll after seeing the first post, and I thought (and still think) it was a great idea.

Malo, I like what you’ve got going so far! I was really hoping to see someone work on the gryph! The wings look a little odd to me at this stage but I’m sure you’ll end up working on them more.

Here´s an update. Sculpting the major muscle forms. And i have just realize that in my block form, i put the eyes to hight.:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:.

Attachments

grifo2.jpg

@Dribble: I spend sometime looking at your Oni because something catch my eyes. So here´s my conclusion: I think it´s libs are to close to the cheeks. Sorry if it is what you are after. I haven´t seen any reference images about Onis

@spaceboy412: If you really only spend 20mins on modeling, looks like that Chimeraspaceboy412way it´s going to be amazing

yeah 20min to mostly just block in the forms, its pretty easy when you have been zbrushing as long as i have. i did work on it some more after wards but don’t intend on continuing it or this challenge. best to those that do.

StephanH yes stone is the new black this season for all trolls. No need to flesh him out. It would however look fantastic if he was actually a hill in a scene of rocks and greenery. Maybe he could be so large that even a town has been built on him.

Look at hellboy 2 for referance to see what I am on about. There is a stone giant at the end that comes close to what I am on about :smiley:

hey StefanH looking good so far kind of reminds me a little bit of lord of the rings in a way…

hey Dribble good to see you continuing to practice. remember to block in forms at lower subdivisions it will help get rid of the playdough feel… and also learning anatomy will help you greatly where to incorporate structure…
:slight_smile:

hey space looking good really like the mood of the lighting that you gave this piece really does feel Egyptian. also did you start from zspheres… really like the forms you have so far in this… looking forward to where you bring this piece…:wink:

hey pride really love fluidity of this piece and the forms coming out of the water… interested in what the workflow was for the water and the piece as whole?

hey Malo Juanito looking good so far remember to try to work on the structure at lower divisions it looks like you have a descent base mesh to accomplish what your going for just remember to make sure your structure is well defined before moving up in subdivisions…

Its good to see these challenges are back and alive and seeing new people participate with each challenge…

well as for me im going to try to participate in this challenge if can get some free time…

troy, look forward to what you come up with. and yes zspheres of course;)
for myself i’m done, perhaps with these challenges all together.

Dribble maybe this should be extended for another week considering people are just popping in.

double post…

Troy & Malo, I’ve been trying to get most of my structures blocked in before I subdivide but I’m still learning when the right time to switch over is, still having some trouble with it. Anatomy is definitely a weak point of mine as well. All very valid points haha.

I am also having trouble working with zspheres, it seems that I have trouble rotating them and my mesh always ends up twisted.
Maybe after work, I’ll come home and do a couple more tutorials on working with them.

Space, Sorry to hear you might not be continuing, I was pretty excited to see what you came up with for the Chimera. Any particular reason you won’t be continuing or anything you would recommend changing to make these challenges more fun for you and everyone else?

EVERYONE!
I will be continuing this challenge until next Wednesday BUT…
I’ll also start a new one this upcoming Wednesday.

So…

The challenges will start to overlap for a week, allowing everyone to finish up or spend one solid week working on it if they don’t like the new challenge (which will also run for two weeks, with one of those weeks overlapping another challenge).

That is… if it’s cool with everyone. :cool:

so 20 minutes of zshperes and some tweaking figured i should post my first WIP
http://orkangraphics.com/ZbrushSketchs/SPSkch6/spskch6-1.jpg

Attachments

spskch6-1.jpg

Breaking for lunch here thought I would show what I have
leaning towards Goblin at this point
[ATT=]spskch6-2.jpg[/ATT]

Attachments

spskch6-2.jpg

Good start Orkan! What subdivision is the second WIP?

hey space i figured it was from zspheres…:wink:

hey pride thanks for that your render came out great…

hey Dribble thanks for extending this another week maybe it will give me time to get this some what done…

hey Orkanslayer78 looking good so far good to see more people joining these hope fully these will grow more with time…

Well here is a basic block out…

[mermaid sketch v.1.jpg]

Here´s an update. troy you right, but i still cannot avoid the temptation of ctl+d-ing while i´m working :smiley: . I think i just matter of be more organized.

Attachments

grifo3.jpg

Everybody. Please, i need an advice. I think i have missed some bones. In the image i have mark the places where i think they could be placed. What do you think?grifo4.jpg