ZBrushCentral

Water worlds

Hey Ziggy, hahaha:lol:, yes, I’m also learning everyday. In fact, everything I know about cg and 3d art, I learned from books and the internet. What I meant was, when I went to University (more than 20 years ago) things were definitely different from what they are now. I would have loved to study cg full time with the technology which is available now.

Cheers, from one ‘old toppie’ to another :))

Yvan… un-employment and my business going down the drain due to the crazy affrimative action and BEE laws forced me to do something, so a blessing in disguise… at least I am not begging, stealing, protesting etc… just look at the news.

Blessed with a PC and ZBrush…

Go Well! and remeber to always enjoy what your doing no matter what the challenge may be… I skipped out on University due to our crazy War back then, but even that had lessons and learning involved… my bothers in arms also supply me with constant projects…

Ziggy

Great job, congrats! :+1:

Very nice work!

I think Modo’s splash-kit would have helped immensely. It would have probably shaved production time. And I think it’s rendering would have looked even more awesome, light refraction and all.

But Zbrush is definitely indispensable in work like this, no doubt.

5 stars!

:+1:

Thanks a lot all really appreciate the feedback even to the old toppie on here! lol
I personally think you never to old to create amaizng works of art! just passion, hard work and lots of practise!
anyways Tenchi, I’ll get the horse stuff together and create a workflow for you, if you want to know anything else just ask!
Hey EricShawn, going to definitely check out that splash kit thing you talking about! sounds interesting!
thanks again! :slight_smile:

[](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/member.php?84473-yvan_c)

Just a little workflow of the horse render!
concept.jpg
as per the last ad, this was the sketch supplied!
image-04.jpg
asways bets to just rough out a shape or something to work with and impoort into z, from there its
quick to rough out anyshape with zsphere’s and get the pose down!
image-07.jpg
this was the final shot we used for the advert!
image-09.jpg
we liked the horse posing in this picture and worked over it to keep that dynamic run cycle,
using zsketching to start filling out the horse!
screen-grab.jpg
adding much more detail in the horse and thinking about the water direction and drops of the surface, always using real water reference images to scuplt from!

using a rough render of the horse just to position and sketch out what we thought would work for the BG! once that got approved, we started sculting all the elements in maya and detailing in z!
image-13.jpg
this was the first test render of where we were headed!
image-12.jpg
building all the elements in the BG! wip

the final with all the elements and grading and extra comping in photoshop!
Thanks again! piece out :smiley:

Attachments

image-04.jpg

Jip Wayne… one has given up when you stop learning… Never stop learning, my motto…!

Nice work flow on horse…

Regards Ziggy

Great post, lovely. I really like how you’ve harmonized and equalized the tonal range between models and virtual set.

Gorgeous work!! Must be REALLY cool to see your stuff up on a billboard. Congrats!

Great work! :+1:

awesome …that a lovely piece of work…

Great… its good to see you made it to the top… and a well deserved honour… you can be glad Bryce Lawrence had no say here (some SA Humour)…

Ziggy

Yeah it’s a awesome feeling! and thanks for the great feedback to all!
Wow! never thought I would ever make top row! :smiley:

ziggy funny one! (Bryce Lawrence) lol
Cheers!

Truly amazing work. The transparency is inspiring…!!!

…style! :sunglasses:

Congratz on TR :D:+1:
Good to see sum work from SA …

Awesome works…! Looking forward to seeing your render setup, shaders for this one. I guess a lot of post work in photoshop was done as well to get that nice breakup in the water droplets that would be too tedious to do in zbrush

Congrats on a superb wor you’ve done here! Enjoyed your workflow.
Thakn you , it is very inspiring. :+1:

Congratulations on Top Row, It’s well deserved! :smiley:

cool work …