ZBrushCentral

Walt

Congrats! Very happy to see this made TOP ROW! A very awesome render, and superb modeling!

Congrats! Heisenberg version please! Spot on.

man thats breathtaking. well done. ive never even heard of octane, but it looks like its a powerful render. i think wed all love to know more about how this was done.

finally on the top raw, Amazing work;)

My eyes tell me that he took this picture http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7bhwbk0Gg1qc5e8fo2_1280.jpg watched Ryan kingslien’s Modeling with your texture tutorial and applied the same techniques of masking by texture and inflating and smoothing with additional solo strokes. I’m not a fan of this techniqe as I feel it’s not a real portrait sculpt and the artist can get too comfortable with it to oversee like in this example the sternocleidomastoideus with it’s tension and some other forms like the cheeks being less meaty, and the texture being simmetrically applied to boh sides of the face, but all the same congrats on the top row the render turned out beautiful! :+1:

Great work!! congrats!! top row! n belated Merry Christmas! :wink: :+1:

@Cherub

Yeah thats what I was thinking too. You can really see it in the second render (the white one). I can only tell just because we do it in the 3d scanning business all the time.
Mask by intensity off the texture (or an adjusted version of the texture) inflate a little, then inverse and deflate a little. Then smooth it out a bit and manually sculpt the areas that need it.
Its a great time saver, but does not always yield the best results.

Either way, this is AWESOME! Especially so considering how quickly it was done.

OMG, I can’t believe I’ve got the toprow, I’m so happy I want to cry!
Thank you so much to everyone for the comments and support, this is a HUGE achievement for me!

Many of you seems to be interested on how I made it, so I roughly reconstruct the main steps, although I don’t really have anything to teach to anyone, especially here in this forum, as I get blown away by how insanely talented people are out there. I have all to learn from you guys!

Anyway, here we go

Breakdown_01.jpgBreakdown_02.jpg

Attachments

Breakdown_01.jpg

Breakdown_02.jpg

That’s great, congrats on the top row :):+1:

Outstanding work!

And one of my favourite TV characters to boot.

spechless :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Only 3 days to make this ??? What kind of alien are you, really ?
I tried Octane some times ago, couldn’t find out how to make SSS, looks like it’s possible after all.

Breaking Bad is a good show, well done man !

Congratulations.
Well deserved TopRow. :+1:

“I am the one who knocks!” Nice one man!

Uncanny Very Realistic! :+1:

Oh falling down!!! Great shaders and lighting…but it’s only one step from perfect. I think you need some sort of subtle reflection, distortion, or caustics in the area of the lenses. The render is so realistic that the glasses look like what they are…empty frames. :slight_smile:

Well-deserved Top Row.

very promising start - and what a brilliant finish!

great work!

Fantastic!

Wonderful job.

:+1:

Actually Octane is a very inexpensive standalone render package, under $300 USD. It is new, hails from New Zealand.

I think it would be AWESOME if Zbrush 5 or 6 added this type of render system! Zbrush would simply become the most valuable creation package in existence… if it isn’t already, that is!

I LOVE this image! And Zbrush.

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Excellent work. :wink: