ZBrushCentral

Wacom jitter-stutter issues

I am having a jitter-stutter issues. I am using ZBrush4R2, Wacom Intuos4, and Mac 10.7.3 (Lion). There are no jitter problems when using a separate mouse or the trackpad, but the second I bring the pen to the tablet the jittering begins. The problem can be fixed to a certain degree when using the newest Wacom driver and disabling multi-draw in ZBrush. After that, the stuttering happens a lot less but it is still very sticky and painful to use. Any ideas?

Welcome to the club. I’ve had this issue ever since testing beta version of lion, and still there’s no fix from apple, wacom nor pixologic. I think it’s just few people who are having this issue.

There’s this thread already.
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?139628-OS-X-Lion-and-Zbrush&highlight=zbrush+lion

Like someone suggested, checking off the multidraw function helps a bit with jitter issue… buying more RAM didn’t help me.

Good luck

I just bought myself a brand new spec’ed up iMac so I know its not the Ram. Its been totally gutting but I have found a solution that fix’s it for me. Ok so this does not make any sense but when I run keyshot and use Zbrush the problem goes away, completely. It also works running vlc media player in the background too. I have not tried it with anything else, it might be a multiprocessor thing, god knows I am just relieved it works.

Give it go you might be lucky luke.

I disabled Multidraw and worked perfect in my Imac 27 16Gb!!! Thanks.

I just got the new Macbook Pro with Retina Display (2.6GHz, 16GB RAM config), and I can confirm that ZBrush4 R3 absolutely FLIES on this machine with No Wacom Tablet jitter issues (or any other issues at all [I’m using the Intuos4 Bluetooth Wireless]).

Hope this helps someone considering one of these machines. It is an absolutely amazing conglomeration of hardware and software–and a joy to use with ZBrush!

Cheers

CPU usage, temperatures and fan noise are also extremely improved and pleasant compared to my Early 2009 MBP.

Try to install this version of the intous driver: 6.1.7-5

Had the same issue and digged around till I found that the newest versions are bugged for lion and that going back to this version solves the problem.

And it works well otherwise.

GL