ZBrushCentral

Wacom Cintiq 16 vs Huion Kamvas Pro 16 / XP-Pen 15.6 Pro

Hey guys,

After years buying graphic tablets I have made the decision to move into a display type.
I have read over the internet how it is better to use traditional tablets over the display ones as you see what you are doing while your hand occludes what you are working on in the display ones.

However I feel, personally, that this recommendation only applies to sculpting/modeling/texturing focused artists, I tend to do a lot of back and forth between apps and ZBrush is only a tiny part of my workflow. I barely sculpt nowadays as I am more focused in scripting and rigging, therefore I can’t really get used to using the tablets I have had so far. I find navigating through the UI too distracting. I tend to always leave the pen and grab my mouse and end up doing some mixed keyboard+mouse/tablet sculpting.
I don’t know if somebody else shares the same issue I do but I just wanted to point it out as I have read many times how traditional tablets are better suited for sculpting so I wanted to point out the nature of my choice.

Said so… I’ll get right to the point.
I was looking for a good 16 inches display tablet, and came through this three options. I was about to get the XP-PEN one but I find their marketing ways too aggressive and fishy to my taste, so basically I’m between the Cintiq and the Huion unless somebody throws some light into the third one.

I heard about the lack of lamination on the Cintiq, and about the lack of buttons, of course, but at the same time seems the safest choice…
Can somebody share some light here please?
Anyone got a good experience with any of these in ZBrush?

Wacom was the only brand in drawing tablets, now Huion and xp-pen carved out a niche by offering appealing, affordable alternatives to the industry leader.
wacom cintiq 16 is the most expensive, the pen drawing experience is also the best, but lacks laminated screen and the color gamut limited to only 96% sRGB.
Huion kamvs pro 16 and xp-pen artist 15.6 pro have similar tech specs: laminated screen, battery-free stylus, 8192 pressure levels, tilt response, and the color gamut is up to 120% sRGB.
I have a xp-pen artist 15.6 pro, great for 3d modeling and sculpting in zbrush.