ZBrushCentral

Visuals seem pixelated or subpar

Hey I’m new to zbrush, and i’ve been noticing the visuals of the actual model seem to be pixelated. When looking at tutorials and everything they seem so crisp idk what is going on with mine. It’s not a matter of using the wrong zoom, I’ve hit the Actual and AAhalf buttons and it doesn’t seem to fix it.

I really had no clue what to look up for it, and couldn’t find anything within preferences that seemed like it would be the solution. Its not a huge issue its just kind of annoying.

Is it just the program? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be really appreciated.

Picture for reference.

Hi @Tanner_Parrino Welcome to ZBrush Central

Looks like you might be zoomed in on the document instead of the subtools (see image). You are missing a lot of buttons on the right and left shelves because the screen resolution you are using is cutting them off on the bottom (see image). See my post here on how to move the shelves so you can access all the buttons. Your missing buttons are also in the Transform palette/menu.

After you click the Actual button, you should turn Edit off then clear the canvas (Ctrl+N), redraw the tool on the canvas, turn Edit back on then use the Zoom3D button to zoom in on the subtools.

Hey thanks for the response, but the thing is I’ve already hit the Actual button, that was the first attempt at a solution, and I am using the correct Zoom3D.

Could it possibly be an incorrect screen resolution for the program?

@Tanner_Parrino

Did you do as I suggested ?..

Do the following…

1. Turn Edit off then clear the canvas by pressing Ctrl+N

2. Go to Document menu and enable ‘W Size’. This will automatically set the document size to your canvas area size. Next click ‘New Document’ button and answer ‘No’ when it asks if you want to save the changes. As soon as you click ‘No’, your document will be auto sized.

3. In the Document menu, click ‘Save as Starup Doc’ button.

Now every time you start ZBrush, your Document size will be the same size as the canvas area which is ideal for editing 3D meshes.

If that doesn’t fix your issue, you should make sure your system meets the Minimum System Requirements then contact Pixologic Support.

Good luck!

It doesn’t seem to be improving with those changes. I’ll contact the support and see what they think, hopefully it’s something really simple.

I really do appreciate all your help though! Taking the time to respond really means alot, thank you so much.

Turns out it was the High DPI scaling on the application. Solution is here if anyone ever needs it.

1 Like