ZBrushCentral

VISEone - SKETCHBOOK

sehr schön!!

wo hast du die drachen drucken lassen?

Danke! - Kompliment zurück! Finde die Hitch**** Skulptur klasse!!!

translate: where did you print the dragons?

Those dragons weren’t printed - they are made by PATCHTOGETHER.com which I’m part of the team.

A sculptor in china did the prototype - sculpted by hand - and then they casted the dragons in resin.
The sculptor did the prototype after my illustrations

I anyone needs a quote for an own production in resin - PM me and we go from there.

I finished the shell and will stick with the edgy look - I also added some boots and now I need to get some ideas for technical stuff to add and mount on his shell - I got several ideas but need to get used to hardsurface stuff…

any comments welcome

turtle03.jpg

DE: Schaut schon richtig nice aus!! Weiter so!

EN: That looks pretty nice! Keep it up!

Still WIP…

need to add belts - some more items and rearrange it a bit.

just a quick screenshot with basic coloring:

turtle04.jpg

Meanwhile…

today I made my first really speedsculpt…no concept just coming up with some technical stuff I never did before.

Just an ALIEN HELMET - modeling 1hr, comp 30mins

helmet.jpg

Hey VISEone, the turtle is extremely cool. It reminds me of some kind of fairy tail where this little turtle wants to be like it’s dad (maybe his dad was some great turtle warrior that fought in the Great Atlantis war or something, but died doing so by some big bad half shark half octopus mean creature bossy, thingy-:D) And now it’s on it’s journey to find his own path to greatness or something?? I like all the cool ‘little’ stuff you put on it’s back. The texturing part should really bring everthing together. Liking the hard and soft combo you have going on for this sculpt. The proportions are cool as well.

The alien helmet object is neat, reminds me of some of the old HEAVY METAL (The magazine) images. The splattering is a nice effect.

K, gotta run to bed, as I said before, digging everything you make!

Thanks Dragon,

you’ll recieve a reply to your email in a few :wink:

So here’s some progress with a render and comp. I have trouble with the ropes - really hard to sculpt for a beginner…so if anyone has a good advise for the ropepart…

I used zspheres for the path and than tried to sculpt it into the more organic direction…but it just doesn’t look believable.

Turtle05.jpg

That’s really cool VISEone! :+1:

I have trouble with the ropes - really hard to sculpt for a beginner…so if anyone has a good advise for the ropepart…

See this post.

Thanks …and thanks so much for the link - will try that out in a minute!

Very solid work man, keep it going!

Some improvement on the ropepart:

Turtle06.jpg

Right on! That’s better. :D:+1:

Thanks, I followed the tutorial - great! But still a pain in the butt to position all the parts seperately. It would be a dream if you could apply an alpha to the tube curve brush combined with twist a rope would be easy as 1,2,3…

However - thanks again - this helped a lot to improve the part with the ropes!

Absolutely love the Turtle and the Space Helmet… I really like the illustrative render style you use, beautiful sculpting as well - something Im quite jealous of… :wink:

J

Thanks a ton!

Here’s the final image - have to fight me through BPR Rendersettings and Lightcap to put my models into a good light and render.

So for now this is it. Invested many hours into this turtle but learned a lot. Now on to the next…

Turtle07.jpg

beautiful character :smiley: some reflections on the eyes would look great

The force is strong in this one…

Hi VISEone, ha, this one turned out GREAT! All the little details have a ‘neat’ feel to them. I am liking all the colours you used (not over done, just right). The rope turned out great. Again, this style is spot on for everything you do. The render turned out just great as well. Loving the look on the turtles face-:wink: But… what happened to the grass? That was a nice touch. Oh well, as you said… onto the next one.

Perfekt, ist wirklich sehr schön geworden!

Bin schon aufs nächste gespannt.