ZBrushCentral

VISEone - SKETCHBOOK

Some tweaks and a quick scene…

hedge01.jpghedge02.jpg

Another character I did today…still needs some work and I need to get behind posing/rigging.

char01.jpgchar02.jpg

I added some hair to the witch and did a new render.
Final comp and some paintover in PS - I guess I call it final.

The Old Witch

The-Old-Witch---final.jpg

Attachments

witch_viseone.jpg

I started with a Dynamesh Sphere - didn’t have a concept in mind and just doodled around.

Any comment welcome!

BPR Render - some NOOB Comp in PS (Still need to learn the settings for AO, SSS and such things)

Lizard-comp.jpg

Totally love your Style VISEone, these are very cool characters and creatures - totally love the crocodile!:+1:
Looking forward seeing more from you mate and thanks for commenting my thread=)
Cheers,
Kenny

Hi Viseone,

I discovered your thread through your comment at Kenny Carmody sketchbook-thread.

Really outstanding work here also. You guys are so far ahead of me , that`s quite intimidating, the more because
I cant dedicate as much time learning z-brush as I would like at the moment.

As for retopo within z-brush, I guess you can set up something in the preferences that only the vertices in the front show, I think
under “draw” and then “front opacit” y= 0 or play around with the opacity settings to find the best.
Also you could polypaint your topo-layout loosely on your chara and take that as a guide for retopo within z-brush.

I haven`t found the right tut so fast but this one for the time being.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fdog0y9jVQ&feature=player_embedded

I think retopo is very usefull to get nextlevel gamecharas out of your highpolymeshes. And your charas would look good
maybe first in casual games for mobile devices.

So maybe the new Qremesh which pixologic brings out as beta in february is just what we are looking for
Retopo wise.

(Vielleicht könnten wir alle gemeinsam versuchen, dem deutschen z-brushforum wieder etwas mehr Leben einzuhauchen,
indem wir das auch öfter mal mit Posts beehren. Dort kann man sich leichter über technische Fragen austauschen…)

Irgendwo war auch von Comics von Dir die Rede. Wo kann man die denn sehen?

Another concept i started yesterday.

I wish I could pose him - but TPose Master is messing up the mesh and I get no feedback on my troubleshooting thread here

Anyway - here’s a quick render and a try out to add a fluffy tail…

JUMPIE4.jpgJUMPIE6.jpg

The first concepts

Here’s a reworked version.
Had tons of problems with posing - and a lot to learn about MATCAPS, lights and rendersettings - that’s a whole science of its own…

anyway - heres the final version
Jumpie-Posed.jpg

Hi Viseone,

Looks like you solved your problem with z-sphere rigging now.

What did the trick for you?

Have a look at the new german forum.
It got a brandnew polish.

Hey,
well the trick is not using dynameshed models - no chance to pose a model that is either dynameshed or decimated.
Maybe there’s a workaround for that which I not know yet - but it seems like a bug to me. I wish they would add a serious rigging tool in a future release - which also contains weighting and such things that are important for rigging.
I still need to learn a lot of things but after I slowly be able to sculpt my ideas posing the model seems elementary to me.

Will take a look in a second.

LOL … Love that character! :+1:

Nice work on the model, great to see your progress!:slight_smile:
This version is great mate =)

Hi VISEone. I like your work, and the colours are very cool. You know, I DO BELIEVE their IS a bug with rigging and Dynamesh. About a month or two ago, I posted the same issues as you are having. I even did some tests to prove my point. I did get a reply back from Pixologic support telling me, that they will look into this issue. Till date, no exact answer. But, the good news is, they are aware of it and I hope they do make the patch for it that GUTI mentions in your other post about the issue. So again, they (Pixologic) are aware of it and are working on it. Best.
PS: I was trying to send the link to my issue, but seems to be broke.

Cool! Thanks for the info on that - so there’s hope :wink:

Thanks for your comments guys!

Ya, I just went back to good ol TPose (but do love the rigging concept, hope they fix it soon). Keep on ZBrushing-:wink:

Since I’m currently watching the old STAR TREK series I thought it would be a good exercise to model from reference images.
After many tweaks I finally thought he looks like he was suppose to look. But ofcourse this is far from good.
However it was a good exercise for me.

Comments are welcome.

Mr. Spock

spock.jpg

Nice headbust and you can definently see it is from star strek =)
Keep it going Viseone mate =)

This is a character I worked on the last 2 days.

SWOOPY

Beware of the SWOOPY - hunting anything he can eat.
His camouflage trick is to look like a guy wearing a costume - and when you ask where he got that incredible costume from - then it’s already too late and you’ll end up as “Swoopyfood”.

Might look cute on the outside but don’t let it fool you - You’ve been warned!

Concept sketch:
swoopy-concept.jpg

ZBrush:
Swoopy-comp.jpgSwoopy-comp2.jpg

Will post a Turntable soon…

Yeeeeah awesome totally love the design, cute little thing :slight_smile:
Fantastic work mate !:+1: one of my favourites of your sketchbook:+1:
Looking forward to the turntable :slight_smile:

Thanks!

And here’s the turntable:

<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/37029485?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0” webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder=“0” height=“540” width=“600”></iframe>