ZBrushCentral

Viking

Love it.

Congratulations very impressive piece.

BTW. What is the hair system you used? What rendering engine?

Absolutely stunning work dude! It’s always a pleasure to see your works. Congrats!

Hey Guys, thank u so much for the great feedback.
About technical questions… i`m using 3d Max 2011 and 2012.
It was rendered in mental ray. I used Hair and fur with P_hairTK shader for mental ray too… in the truth, hair was a nightmare, i am not 100% satisfied with the result but it was the best i could do and dont become crazy haha
i used Zbrush in initial blocking and retopology for the character ( really simple blocking, just to find his proportions). I also used to create all textures. I usually don’t work as character modeler but it was a great exercise for me. what was most exciting for me in zbrush is that it really gave the initial inspiration to create this project in really easily way. after this simple blocking a started a serie of news sketches. check out some wip shots.

IMAGES MOVED TO NEXT PAGE :slight_smile:

It’s a super work! :wink: congrats! :+1: :+1:

Amazing work DUDE!!! all aspects of your work are in great shape!!!

Whatttt Alex Angelis is a great Rigging person. You had Grant Help you with the rendering , you lucky son of ****.
Great Render indeed!
The sculpting and modeling is fairly simple, but you managed to do a great texturing job on it. It doesnt look like this was anything to do with zbrush to be honest. :stuck_out_tongue: And it would have been even more impressive if the whole project was done “solo”.

Even still. . . 5 Stars to you and your team :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Great character and scene. If you were trying for the Disney/Pixar style then you hit it bang on! :slight_smile:

Hey man, thank you so much for the great feedback, but i consider it’s a personal project, it wasnt a team work. i did it with my friend alex angelis. it’s 100% my work (including blendshapes) except Rigging. Grant help specially with critics but i found my way for everything. It took me almost 6 months to complete it and what i want for my life is evolve… Came on, i want to get it with my efforts. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
About zbrush, yes, i consider this job can be done with 3d Max only, but zbrush is good too for simple models. Do you know this guy?
http://www.frederikstorm.dk/
I think his work is good as any monster or a realistic model we see here in the forum, and he use Zbrush. It would be easy to do the final Poses in zbrush using transpose but i like to work with friends and be friendly. :slight_smile:
Good lucky. :+1:

XDDDD really good work. Very funny character, cant wait to see him animated

My sketchbookhttp://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?p=861089#post861089

Looks right out of “How to train your dragon”.

I did not help Pedro with ANY rendering. Dno where you got that. I gave him some minimal feedback/ideas early on with Vray and he evolved the final to use MR.
It’s an amazing work but I deserve no credits here and never said I did rendering so no idea why you would think that.

Really great job!! congrats!!!
ahaha…outro trampo foda!
Parabéns!

It would be great if you could share more info about your use of ZBrush on this. I’m sure a lot of people would love to see how you used ZBrush in what amounts to a production-quality pipeline. :slight_smile:

Ah as ever the Eloquent Sathe. Yes I AGREE, gave it five stars as many others have and this will be Top Row in no time. Thanks for clarifying, some of us as we simply don’t KNOW. We would all love to see his W.I.P, many people will learn a lot from this myself included.
Note: No one is trying to negate the achievement or is trying to be malevolent. Tho im sure this was your Automatic perception of any comment that is not in line with the overly endearing and enthusiastic criticism.

Ok here’s more information . i used zbrush during the whole process. for modeling, sculpting, retopology, texturing.
In the texturing process i used for 90% of the objects specially creating alphas of scratches to make it look older. then it was applied as mask in 3d Max.
I also used zbrush to create details in the environmet. A great example is the main table. it’s really near to camera so i decided to make it more detailed.
[oconcept.jpg[/attach]–>%3C/font%3E"]
](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9a9a9a%22%3E%3Cbr%20/%3E%0AAnT=261584)
[wip.jpg[/attach]–>%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3C/font%3E"]
[zbrush%20central.jpg[/attach]–>%3C/font%3E"]](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E%3C/font%3E"]](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E<!–[attach=261541)
oconcept.jpg

Attachments

oconcept.jpg

very cool design and execution
I laughed my ass out.
Hair could be better indeed but the one you got here totally works anyway

I actually really like the hair. I feel like it fits the style. Could you show roughly how you did it? Or link a tutorial you followed/helped you in the creation or this piece? Again, really love the work! Thanks for the breakdown!

Clintus Maximus: hey man about the hair, here’s my soluction. i’m not sure if it’s the best way but… i would be nice if any Hair Td could give us a better explanation how a good hair should to looks like (technically).
I simply divided his beard in diferent layers, it helps to style the hair easier. for the shader i used P_hairTk for mental ray. really faster and works great with arealights:)

Each collor is one layer. then Alex Angelis used SkinWrap to attach it to the rig. ![haii.jpg|867x1260](upload://l2EtncYcUvLfeBQznTNZeCwHkhh.jpeg)