ZBrushCentral

Ustaad Bheem Shing

First post after over four years I think. Trying to get back to personal art. This character started off as a stylized character. Sculpted in Zbrush, and tried to implement some techniques picked up from the amazing portraiture class by Kris Costa. The skin was detailed using a bunch of custom brush and alphas I made specifically for this piece, it was also textured in Zbrush, using HD Geometry. The specular, sss, roughness maps were made in Zbrush as well the pose. I leveraged Zbrush’s awesome new feature - Dynamics to simulate the cape, and some of his other costume pieces then manually sculpted some of the folds on top.

The props were textured in Substance Painter, as well as their displacement/height maps. I have used Arnold GPU to render the piece to test out how much load it can take as my texture size was nearly 10GB alone. I normally use Xgen Core, but for this piece I followed Kris Costa’s workflow for hair using Xgen’s Interactive Groom. It is so intuitive, as it makes grooming feel like Zbrush’s sculpting with layers. However, it does have some limitation and are generally not used for production.

42 Likes

turned out great!

1 Like

Thanks @JoseFuentes!

Fun concept, great execution!!:sunglasses::+1::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:!!

1 Like

Thanks @Geert_Etcher_Melis! Went back and forth quite a bit with the look. Glad you like it. =)

Awesome work Bhai. Really Love the Character design and level of your detail.

1 Like

Thanks @meraj, appreciate the feedback! :grinning:

Outstanding on all levels, you have a keen eye on details :clap: thanks for sharing!
Jaime

1 Like

Thank you so much for those kind words @Jaime. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @K1LLSW1TCH

Great job! Love all the details. Right down to the bird droppings on his head. Great job on the textures. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

What an impressive work! great job :clap:

1 Like

@zber2 - Thanks, appreciate the feedback :slightly_smiling_face:
@Pigstone - Thanks, glad you liked it! :slightly_smiling_face:

Haha funny!

Nice work!

Great character! Thanks for sharing=)

-Joseph

@SuminaZoran1 - :slightly_smiling_face:
@Webhead - Thanks!
@Piggyson - Thanks Joseph! :slightly_smiling_face:

outstanding work! I love it!

Thanks @MarioBlanco !

love your style. pretty cool.

I’m looking for talented Zbrush Artists. Need specific high-end models for VR-Experiences. If you are interested in work, please get in touch with me at go@fattybull.com

Keep rocking , cheers

1 Like

@FattyBull - Thanks =)