ZBrushCentral

Using Zbrush for Second Life Mesh!

@Voodoo Dad: Sorry for the late reply! It came from a Zbrush primative. The entire thing is one Zsphere I just warped six ways to sunday.

New project, this one for fun. I am making a Mouseguard from the series by the same name. This one is purely for fun and will not be sold- as I most certainly do not own the copy-write on it. I am however considering getting it 3D printed for fun! It is my character in the tabletop add-on of the book series. He is one of the few staunch mice that believes in armor, and is the son of a smith. He now makes his way as a mouseguard, trying to prove the benefits that the “metal shells” can provide for the rest of his kind to see.

Dorky stuff, but very fun.

“With a shout of rage that echoed across the small cave, the armor clad mouse-guard noisomly disregarded all attempts at stealth as he flung himself through the expanse. He could hear the audible wince of his ally still cleverly hiding in the darkness behind him, but the time for subterfuge was past. His ally, his /friend/ was in danger. And he would bring hell itself to the doorstep of these weasels.”

Wanted to show the largely hidden mouse beneath the armor!

Never really done fur before as a solid piece like this. Was a lot of trial and error to get it to still look cutesy/cartnoonish without losing the touch of realism the surrounding pieces have. Still a good ways to go, but at least I’ve passed the threshold of what I lost during that crash before. The metal parts are largely untouched with any sort of shading or texturing yet. I think I will work on them next.

Attachments

MouseGuardian3.jpg

Finally done! Had a blast with this item, and learned several new things in the process. I am considering sending him out to get 3D printed so that I can have my very own to play with.

Edit*: Forgot to mention! The background image is not mine, and is the work of an amazing artist named Rapheal Locoste, a friend just asked me to make it into a desktop for them, and I needed a quick background image for it. Check his work out, it’s amazing!

Nice job Rykka! If you get it printed post photos please!

Most certainly will!

Been a while! Took a break and recently jumped right back into work. To get myself back up to speed I chose a project that I am really comfortable with, which is armor and monsters and all that fun. I chose to base the set around my Tabletop Pathfinder character, because I am a nerd like that. Had a blast working on it, already considering whose character in my gaming group to do next.

AzaireArmorStrip.jpgAzaireArmor4.jpg

Great work!
i enjoyed flipping throughout your WIPs and the final ones!

i am wondering about mesh, i use zbrush for sculpting but never mesh for sl and I am not sure how to start.
is there a workflow that I could learn? Would love to hear your take on that. Haven’t had much luck with online searching but I sure would appreciate your help on that if you can.

Cheers and keep it up!

By the way, what store do you sell your products at? Would love to own some of your creations.

Thank you everyone! Sorry for the very late reply, I don’t check this nearly as often as I should.

@Sasha2uand4u: I appreciate the kind words, thank you!

@khenein: Thank you kindly. I would be happy to run you through the process if you haven’t already figured it out? I also frequently stream my work Live while working via livestream. Feel free to catch me inworld some time and I will help you if I can. The business I own there is called “Losthaven”. Everything in this thread is there and a million things more.

Currently almost done with my next project. Decided I wanted to make something really big and bulky, kinda quasi sci-fi fantasy.

I also just realized after posting, that the fingers are not visible. Whoops. Let’s use our imagination. Together.

Hey! it’s good to hear from you, good work this time as well! Love it
I have been reading and looking for resources. I am not a modeler or a 3D artists so I actually feed on the information everybody leaves and follow religiously with few changes as I learn on.
At this point I am so confused, not sure if SL mesh accepts any form of starting prim or prims or Zspheres or what?
I can’t ask you for the whole process it could be so consuming for you to recite so I am only asking for the headlines. the main steps and the things I should watchout not to do. I can figure the rest or get more information on what I am lacking.

Thanks again, Cheers!!

Catch me in-world if you can! I would be happy to walk you though some process’ to get you started and get you on the right track. It can be a little confusing at first, but once the basics are out of the way it is a pretty straightforward workflow, and a lot of fun! My in-world name is Lucia Cyr, if you would like to contact me.

And done! Tough project. Had a lot of fun making it though, and I got to break out an old Alien Creature model I made a long time ago for the promo shot!
Enjoyed it, but I am glad to be moving on to something else now.

Swarmed_SM.jpg

Sweet work man!.i like your detail work and your renders are really cool too.
and i really Dig your armor sculpt.
i hope to see more from you in this forum!..
and good luck with your next project.
adam

Thank you Adam! Will be making a sort of… wizard…robe… thing next, I think. Not looking forward to rigging it. I have horrible luck getting the legs of coats to work, but the design process should be fun!

Very nice work indeed.
I really liked the Anubis you did.
I just wish my skills were up to speed on that.
Would it be too much to ask to see wire-frame of the Anubis?
I am always impressed how polys are placed.

keep up the excellent work.
Oh yea, thanks for sharing.

Stephen

Finished my magic robe thing. Came out pretty close to the sketch, so I am pretty happy about that. Albeit, I am not looking forward to rigging it at all. Rigging continues to be something I am painfully bad at- it would seem.

Could not help but to add two little dot eyes after I was finished on the mannequin. The entire thing just looked too “Black Mage”, and I just had to. Fun project.

I really love your ‘black mage’ outfit! is that your own design? the yellow eye dots really complete it ;D haha even without them it really has a classic final fantasy feel to it imo. nice work! :slight_smile:

I haven’t posted in a while! I spent some time working on other projects outside of Zbrush and Second Life, but I have recently returned to it! I’ve made a few things in the past month or so that I wanted to share.
Second Life now supports normal and displacement maps, so I am having fun learning how to use those alongside everything else.
Below are some promotional pieces I made for my work, using a combination of Zbrush, Photoshop, and Second Life.
I made everything in these except for the female model who volunteered to let me steal her soul away in the middle image!

I made a set of Liquid Themed elementals, complete with Magma and Ice seen below.
Elemental Promo.jpg

Here I made a demonic, monstrous creature that feeds upon the living.
Devourer Promo JPG.jpg

And here… I… made a Pig Mask. Because I like pigs. Oink. This is mostly just an ingame screenshot, I edited the depth of field a bit.
Oink.jpg

SammehSAMURAI I really love your ‘black mage’ outfit! is that your own design? the yellow eye dots really complete it ;D haha even without them it really has a classic final fantasy feel to it imo. nice work! :slight_smile:

It is my design, yes! I wanted to make an archmage set. Part way through the process I started joking with my friends about the Final Fantasy “Black Mage” feel it certainly had, and added the two little yellow dots to the mannikin model for fun.
They are not actually in the real model that exists in the game. Sort of an appreciative nod to artistry I admire.

Working on a new vest set. Got a little carried away with the detailing and ended up making a mural on it…?

Fun set. Still some work to do on it.