ZBrushCentral

Using Zbrush for Second Life Mesh!

Grats, Rykka! Nice work!

Woo! New project. Really enjoying this one so far. I had a dear friend visit from across the states and he left me a gift by way of two graphic novels drawn by Olivier Ledriot called “Requiem”. I really loved the over-the-top style of the very talented artist, with all of the sharp points, obvious effigies and tight leather. I decided to create something in that vein and quickly sketched up this paper doll design last night- setting to work on the under-suit. Having a lot of fun with it, looking forward to working on some of the armor parts tomorrow.

I even made my own material for the first time ever, the black leather! Not quite as shiny as I wanted it, but the process is still pretty new for me. Also totally took the opportunity to put the chain brush I made to use again on here, though I will likely touch it up in Photoshop later when the textures are done to make more interesting clasps and segment connectors.

All in all, fun so far!

I love these mask designs,sweet!

Thank you Voivode, I had a lot of fun working on them! I love doing heads and head models. They are too much fun.

Got a little bit of work done tonight, but not nearly as much as I’d hoped. The pauldrons from the sketch, as well as the breast cups, not shown. Drowsy sort of night though, hard to concentrate!

BldScrsPldrnStrip.jpg

Really nice work on the armor Rykka! I was going to make a wisecrack about breast cups, but I think I’ll spare you. :smiley:

Really love the detailing on these, what’s cool is you have your own style!

Hey man,
Thanks for the comments on my work.
I was checking your stuff out. This chick your working on looks pretty cool. I especially like the forearm guards. Great design.

best,
R

Slight update, a few more pieces done. The chest and arms are out of the way now, still working on the belt. I am starting with Zspheres for everything due to a process limitation down the line so making some of these shapes out of spheres was tricky! Like the cross that wraps around the bicep. I am really, really not liking the belt so far. I may scrap it, but we will see. The little face over the sternum was a lot of fun to make, I enjoyed it. None of these are complete, all need touch-ups, but they are starting to shape up! Can’t wait to see it running around in-game.

Finished! Now to get it process and put into the game so that I can see how it moves around. I’m really not terribly pleased with this one, I sorta lost interest halfway through it and I feel it suffered as a result. Hopefully people enjoy this set.

Blood Sorceress1c.jpg

Project complete! I really, really do not care for it at all though. I sort of lost interest halfway through and it made working on the rest of it very painful. Which, happens to us all sometimes I am certain.
Either way, it is done now and I can move on to something else! Probably with cloth, thinking a rigged coat of some kind.

Overview of the set, pictures taken in-game with composition done in Photoshop.

Promotional image for the set. Picture taken in-game and then touched up in Photoshop. I did not make the model or texture elements on the male model! Those were made by someone else. (Does this need to be hidden with a MA clicky? There is no nudity involved but it is pretty bloody. If so, please let me know! Thanks!)

Blood Sorceress Promo Style.jpg

Well, even though you don’t like the armor set the PS comp is great! And frightening!!!:slight_smile:

Glad you like it! I definitely like some parts of it, like the shoulders, and the face in the middle of the chest armor. But overall, I guess it just seems a little lacking. I should have added more to the design. Some cloth elements, or frill, or something more complex.

New project! Decided to make a rigged, sleeveless coat for the models. Had a very interesting time with this one. It is completely made out of a sphere primitive using a technique that would likely get me laughed out of any proper modeling environ. But it works very well for what this is being used for, and makes for a simple, square, easy to edit UV map. Unfortunately, near the tail end of this I realized it looked a little… Sepheroth’ish? But hopefully the recolors will wash some of that away. Considering adding some tribal patterning to it or some sort of trim. Not sure yet.

The fur was something completely new for me, and I think I only just skimmed by something that is “passing”. I really need to sit down and learn how to sculpt some nice fur/hair into a solid model for occasions such as this.

Coat1a.jpg

Those textures look nice I like :+1:

Thanks! The main workhorse was a leather Matcap I made for the last piece, seen above. (Scary vampire chicka) It continues to be a too-fun material to use.

WOW! I love the leather duster! I’ve been thinking of doing a full-figure Harry Dresden and I may have to rework your design a little for his duster. Awesome work!:smiley:

Go for it! Big Dresden fan, I would love to see it!

Question; is the base for the coat an extraction from a model, or did you start with a primitive and just adapt it to your model?