ZBrushCentral

[Updated]Ultrasaurus/Gigantosaurus

Thanx !

Wow, Love the lineup, great models!!

Wow … Tutorial Please!!!

You dont need tutorials, just play with zbrush and good things will come in time. I’m playing with zbrush for a year now and things still keep getting better and better. Things really took of to a higher level awhile ago when I studied some anatomy books and got my hands on a wacom intuos a4. Now I can’t imagine anymore that I once modelled with a mouse !

Started with rhamphorhynchus :

rhamphorhynchus.jpg

Woa, great work!
Now you have own Jurassic park :rolleyes:

Only this time spinosaurus gets his ass kicked :slight_smile:

First texture on rhamphorhynchus2 :

rhamphorhynchus2.jpg

Didn’t have much time last week, started today with some shadertesting.

spino_test3.jpg

Giganotosaurus is shaping nicely so far.

giga_highres.jpg

Might as well post it here,walktest with the Giganotosaurus rig :

Giganotosaurus walktest from today :

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/bjorn/giga.mov

Hope for some c&c guys !

Love it! but one tip: when he sreams at the end maybe he can scream with a little more expression! like hes standing almost on toes with the power he is putting in the scream Sorry for the english Im not very good at explaining from whats dutch in my head to english on my keyboard :S

Good work !!

oh god je bent zelf ook nederlands:P als je het niet snapt kan ik je het wel ff in het nederlands uitleggen!
LOL

Hehe no don’t bother, you’re right in english too :slight_smile:
I’ll keep it in mind for my next animation, this was a test to see if the rig works…and it does.

Different camera angle/moving camera, this one gets the weight more over to the viewer :

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/bjorn/giga2.mov

throw in some surface scatter on the model and darken his skin.

@ soyseitan
hehe ok thnx
It sure does look better now…with the camera angle and the movement of the camera!

Good work!

I’m by no means any expert on animatin but I think hell suffer from serious strained neck. Personally I’d heep the head as level as possible. somewhat like a bird. Nice sculpt.

-lander

nice

just a question: how did u do the cross-hatch ridges on his thighs? In PM? And what sub-div level were u on to reach that detail? I’m texturing something similar at the moment, and would be very interested to know.

otherwise good job

sorry…not on his thighs, on his ribs. I must be going blind

Glad to see your update, do you have any more dinos in the works? I’d love to see a battle picture between 2 of them. 50.

oops, posted twice, sorry. :slight_smile: 50.

In the climax there is a battle between Giganotosaurus, spinosaurus and a t-rex…at Dam square, Amsterdam. Scenario is being written, evaluated and re-written at my company as we speak. Hope it will be finished this month.

You mean the small carves ? Just by painting manually with a very small simple brush…and with an alpha with white small stripes in combination with the deco brush.

Thanx. Yeah, I agree, i was figuring out a way to give the head more weigth. Should be toned down abit…as well as the huge movements of his body. Need to practise alot before making the final animations. Rig also needs to have muscles, a tongue, lips, drool in his mouth, a automated foot squasher when he puts down his feet etc. ; still a lot of work to do !

Bedankt !

No shader attached, only a standard blinn from Maya with a downtuned specular, nothing more. Not sure if i;ll be using sss in the end, tests so far are still promising, but can’t get them to look ‘great’.