ZBrushCentral

"Unmystified" - Zbrush Artwork inspired by the "Uncharted" game series.

Hello NienHW,

I am sorry but I did not understand your question. If you can send me a private message with a screen image or picture specifically showing where you are having trouble it will be easier for me to help you.

If you have already solved this problem, I would still love to see the Lantern that you have created :slight_smile:

Thanks and good luck!

Hi Seth just wanted to say thank you for the amazing lesson. I’m still new to zbrush and I was impressed at how through your lesson I can produce something reasonably good. I made mine a little noisier so it doesn’t look clean and maybe a little messy but I kinda like it like that. Thanks again and hope to have more lessons from you soon :smiley:
My Lantern.jpg

jeffreyng93

Welcome to ZBrush! I am glad that you enjoyed the tutorial and very happy that you shared your result which looks very nice!

Looking forward to seeing more work from you in the future and I will keep everyone posted if I come up with new tutorials.

Thanks!

Seth

If I make this model when it was hexagonal pyramid

but I forget to adjust the size before cut it into piece.

So I couldn’t rotate piece to make up perfect hexagonal pyramid cage when I finished carving.

This is a photo after manual control.

But it’s not pretty good.

Due to this question that I can’t fix it. So I just made a new one.

ZBrush ScreenGrab01.jpg

Did it have quick fixing method or when met this question making new one for best?

Your Tutorials are excellent, thank you

Seth, thank you for this wonderful tut. It was and is a great help. You are really great at teaching, had no problems following. I will keep practicing this tut until I can use the tools without referencing it. If you have more instrutional videos let me know, so I can get more online training. Thanks.

Attachments

Chinese Lantern2.jpg

Chinese-Lantern4.jpg

Really beautiful work! I also really enjoyed your in-depth tutorial in the Pixologic’s website. Especially about establishing and maintaining radial symmetry.
I made my own model based on this technique. I am still just learning sculpting. I’d really appreciate any comment you might have.

ZGrab01.jpg

How to re-establish radial symmetry after moving a piece manually?

Great tutorial! Definately learned a lot of tools going through this one, will have to run through it a few times now that I know what i’m doing.
Attached is my first run. Thanks for the great walkthrough.
lantern test.jpg

that last one is cool

Yaschen - you should check out https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RdfMWLvkduw - good tutorial for fixing symmetry.

i can’t find the link of the tutorial.
awesome job:)

sherkhan - I know i am late but, Here you go http://pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/lesson/environments-with-seth-thompson/ :slight_smile:

Hi Seth, I also am a newbie to both ZBrush and 3D sculpting at this level. Great tut, and this is exactly what I need to learn. In the second part of the tutorial though I run into a problem. For the lantern face, when I establish the straight masks, then CTRL W I do get polys, but then hovering over the ploly and using the CTRL/SHIFT/ Click to hide
the orginal poly rectangle does not hide? Not sure what I am doing wrong. Worked fine ( finally ) in the first tut when you were demonstrating how panel loops work. I assume here that I am not doing something correctly
is it possible a problem with the software? Thanks_Norman