ZBrushCentral

Unit Hypolita : Angela

Hello everyone!
I started this project based on an awesome concept by Rodrigo Idalino :
Concept Art
Artstation Post
Angela.
She is a genetically enhanced human, having undergone treatments similar to what Master Chief and Captain America did, to become a member of the elite squad called “Unit Hypolita”, which is outfitted with cutting-edge technology to serve and defend humanity.
My goal with this piece was to improve my hardsurface modeling skills, using Zbrush as the sole sculpting tool.
The face was created in Zbrush, after which I used the meta human assets and workflow to obtain the low polymesh, the UVs, and the in-engine shaders.
I used Topogun and 3dsmax for the retopology of all assets, Rizom3D for the UVs; hair textures were made using Xgen and Coiffure, then hair planes were hand placed in 3dsmax.
The tech suit was textured using Substance Painter, the scenes for the renderings were assembled in UE5, while the edits and cuts for the video sequences were made in DaVinci Resolve.
I was inspired by titles such as the Halo series, Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda, the Crysis series , Doom Eternal, Cyberpunk, the Guardians of the Galaxy game and amazing artworks made by artists like Mike Andrew Nash,Marco Plouffe,Cedric Seaut,Patrick van Rooijen and Georg Uebler, just to name a few individuals whose work resonated with me.
Finally, huge thanks to Marianna Liubimova, Gabriele Floris, Ventsislav Nachev, Jonathan Riley, and Michael Sydoriadis for all their feedback.
Special thanks to Patrick van Rooijen and KeosMasons twitch stream for all the hardsurface workflow tips and all the amazing people on these Discord servers:
Donpolygon server, Baidukova’s class, and CharacterArt server, just to name a few.

And since i have learned so much from the Zbrush community my turn to share some
breakdowns :smiley: on how i approached hardsurface modeling on this project all in zbrush

Thank you :slight_smile:

28 Likes

great breakdown mate! thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

Awesome model!
Thanks for sharing the breakdown. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for your teaching. I learned a lot

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: and you are welcome :slight_smile:

Happy to share :slight_smile:

1 Like

:smiley: i am really happy to know it helped someone :slight_smile:

1 Like

yussss!