ZBrushCentral

“UNABLE TO READ VIRTUAL MEMORY FILE” during recording forward history for zbrush movie

My PC has the recommended requirements to run Zbrush (16gb RAM), but I keep getting this error while trying to record a video and sometimes while working. I should mention I have been having issues with my RAM in general so I’m not sure if it’s related to that, but my projects are loading just fine albeit slowly because I kept the undo history in my ZPR file, which is about 5k actions. Is this happening because I’m running out of available RAM during the recording?

Hi @itsjustbusiness ,

You’ll need to contact ZBrush Support for any technical issues. We can’t provide technical support of the public forums.

This could be a memory/file size issue, but it is more likely to be related to an issue with the specific file in question. Most likely possibilities:

1. The Undo History has become problematic, possibly because it contains references to geometry in a problematic state. Save a copy of your file without the Undo History (disable its saving in the File menu). If the issue goes away in the new file then that was your problem.

2. You have problematic geometry in your file. Check all subtools for issues with Tool> Geometry> Mesh Integrity> Check Mesh. Any meshes that report issues are not stable and need to be fixed or deleted from the file before saving it again. If your history contains references to geometry in this state this can result in problematic history.

I can’t assist you with this any further over the forums and other users won’t be able to help you with system specific issues. I’m going to close this thread to eliminate any expectation of further assistance here so you don’t feel you’re being ignored. Please contact Support for technical assistance with ZBrush.

Thank you!

1 Like