ZBrushCentral

Unable to open geometry sub-palette in script

Unable to open geometry sub-palette in script.

[IClick, "Tool:SubTool", 1] [IClick, "Tool:ArrayMesh", 1]
These two were clickable.

[IClick, "Tool:Geometry", 1]
In this way, Tool:SubTool:Geometry will be selected.

[MessageOK, [IGetID, "Tool:Geometry"]]
result windowID 75.

Is there anything I can do?
I look forward to working with you.

PS: First, I assigned Hotkey to the Tool to make it pop up.

Hi,

Welcome to ZBC! :slight_smile:

No, I can’t get that to work either. I don’t know why it will work for some sub-palettes and not others.

Can you say what you are trying to do? There may be another way to do it.

-Marcus

Thanks for the reply Marcus. :grinning:
ZBrush is fun!

It is shown below the image.

Snipaste_2021-02-12_14-50-26
I wanted to toggle the Tool sub-palette with hotkey.
Some, such as Tool:Subtool and Tool:ArrayMesh, can be toggled.
However, Tool:Geometry seems to be selected first since it is preceded by Too:SubTool:Geometry.

[ZScript Result]

I’ll upload the test script as well.
Open all the tool sub-palettes and close them one by one. There were a few sub-palettes that could not be closed.
You can check this by playing the script after making the following settings
Preference > Interface > Palettes > One Open Subpalette: OFF
ZScriptFileLink

Hi,

Many thanks, that helps. Unfortunately I couldn’t get anything to work. The problem, as you established, is the Tool:SubTool:Geometry button which ZBrush clicks instead of the Tool:Geometry subpalette. (The ID = 75 is actually Tool:SubTool:Geometry too.)

I tried hiding the button using [IHide,Tool:SubTool:Geometry] but that makes no difference. I also tried specifying a click on the Tool palette
[IClick, "Tool",[IHpos,"Tool"]+30,[IVpos,"Tool"]+415]
but that didn’t work either.

So I’m out of ideas, I’m afraid. ZScript can be a lot of fun but not everything works which can be frustrating!

-Marcus

Hi.
Thanks for checking.
The result was disappointing.
But It allows me to concentrate on modeling.

Hi.
It worked when I customized the sub-palette name to Geometry2.

Preference > Config > Enabled Customize: ON
Ctrl+Alt+LMD Geometory-Subpalette
Change name From Tool:Geometry To Tool:Geometry2

Add the following to the script and run
[IMaximize, Tool:Geometry2, 0]

This is not recommended because the path of the button will be Tool:Geometry2 (Tool:Geometry2:Divide etc…), which may prevent other plug-ins from working.

That’s interesting, though in my tests the change didn’t stay after a restart.

I think probably the best solution to have Geometry items close to hand is to create a custom palette and put into it all the Geometry items you want (perhaps not all!). You could assign a hotkey to the new palette and have it show at the cursor.

-Marcus

Welcome to ZBC @kisabon!
Not sure if that could works but, but i had the idea of trying to enable preferences:interface:subpalette popup, and to change the active subpalette to display, but but I 'd failed to display to desired subpalette, there is a droplist from the one you need to pick the subpalette to display.
The main issue when you enable that option in preferences, is that to revert the ui changes you have to restart ZBrush. is there any way to revert without to restart ?

Nicolas

I don’t think so! :frowning:

Hi. FACELESSMINDZ.

I followed your method and was able to really push the geometry sub-palette. thanks.
But I couldn’t push the droplist…
When the drop list appears, the script seems to be paused.

By the way, ZCycler is a good tool. Added a plugin.

Kisabon

@marcus_civis yep sadly, I tried to save the UI to a file and then reload it , after I 'd enabled subpalette popup, but only a restart can fix that. it should be addressed to the support so if that was possible to revert what the subpalette popup and palette popup does with to restart, to would be a good point.

Now as you’d mentioned it @kisabon, I can’t to script anything that display the droplist, and by the way I am unable to click on one listed items.
I will experiment again and see if I found out a workaround using IClick.
but i would have some question about the UI Coordinate for an item you get the HPos/Vpos when that item isn’t visible on the UI. @marcus_civis any idea on that ?

Thx you @kisabon, :heart:
yep zCycler is good enough so i still do prefer to use it then using save draw size and dynamic enable brush for brush which were introduced by Pixologic few times after I made the plugin.
Are you using it with more then the sculpting brushes ? like masks and selection tool ?

Nicolas