ZBrushCentral

UHF-Head WIP

Awesome stuff.

Ok, I’ve got my MacZb 3 upgrade now I’m ready for my Groboto 3 upgrade! (hint, hint) :smiley:

Nice to meet you here… I like your creations looks really cool :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nicolas

Other great stuff from you Man! :smiley: :+1:
Tnx a lot for the compliments about my work… I’m glad you like it.

Cheers! :+1:

Thanks acmepixel… we are moving as fast as we can. I’ll put you on the beta list.

Thanks Nicolas, nice to meet you too… I like the humor and wonderful personalities of your characters.

Thanks piz.

Here’s an update on the evoPilot… still a wip.
Added a sub tool (and used a GroBoto depth map of render of that geometry to displace the main mesh to roughly sync up with it). Also did a bit of ‘poly staining’ over the matCap.

Thanks for stopping by,
Darrel

My GroBoto/ZBrush Synergy Thread
GroBoto Lab Work

[attach=110472]evoPilot4-setup.jpg[/attach]

evoPilot-4wa.jpg

[attach=110474]evoPilot-4wb.jpg[/attach]

[attach=110475]evoPilot-4quad-w.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

evoPilot4-setup.jpg

evoPilot-4wb.jpg

evoPilot-4quad-w.jpg

This has really come a long way since the days of SuperCard. :smiley:

Yes! I find so interesting these kind of forms… very nice head again Darrel! You are a “Primitives” Master of course…! :+1: :smiley:

Along way – and a very long time… so far back few will know what we are talking about… that GroBoto started out as a SuperCard project back in 1939 on those original vacuum tube & steam computers.

Thanks,
Darrel

Thank piz.
Yep, still getting my bearings on ZBrush and how this workflow plays out… some limitations due to the unfinished nature of our GroBoto mesh output. Once the refinements to that system are in place, it should get quite interesting… and just about any sort of geometry should be possible.

Here’s a very quick scribble – no time for Z last couple days, but it was fun to whip up one of these stylized heads without thinking too much.

Thanks for stopping by,

Darrel

GroBoto Lab Work

[attach=110698]steelHead-setupQuad.jpg[/attach]

steelHead-duo.jpg

[attach=110700]steelHead-viewsQuadw.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

steelHead-setupQuad.jpg

steelHead-viewsQuadw.jpg

I absolutely LOVE those smoothed creases. That’s a great way to model.

[and I still have my copy of Supercard 3.6 along side my vacuum tube steam computer in the garage] :wink:

It’s really exciting when an artist I’ve admired for many years picks up zBrush and shows us new things. :smiley:

Thanks very much acmepixel…

It’s exciting for me too – especially seeing the synergy of the two tools.

Hey, I actually still use SuperCard for some scripting/utility tasks.

Couldn’t resist playing a bit more with this character… a few modeling tweaks & some quick paint just for grins.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by,

Darrel

steelHead-Rust-a.jpg

[attach=110811]steelHead-Rust-c.jpg[/attach]

[attach=110812]steelHead-Rust-duo.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

steelHead-Rust-c.jpg

steelHead-Rust-duo.jpg

Thought I’d go a bit further with this one (see original posts – page 3 of this thread I think).

Still a sketch/wip.

Lots of sculpting tweaks, I’ve re-imported the headdress subtool – still haven’t done much with it… it had just gotten a bit mangled in the earlier version… will tie it into head & add some detail someday.

Thanks for stopping by,

Darrel

GroBoto Lab Work

oceanChief3-a.jpg

[attach=111120]oceanChief3-duo.jpg[/attach]

[attach=111119]oceanChief3-duo2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

oceanChief3-duo2.jpg

oceanChief3-duo.jpg

woww that program looks like it has some serious mesh makin potential, and i love your stylized face sculpts from it, really cool stuff

Thanks konjo… that’s what we’re working towards – fast, flexible mesh creation… I’m still learning ZBrush, and hope to angle some of this towards art soon.

Here’s some incremental progress on the (still wip) oceanChief… finally got the seaweed headdress moving in the direction I was looking for.

Thanks for stopping by,
Darrel

GroBoto Lab Work

[attach=111263]oceanChief4-Wa.jpg[/attach]

oceanChief4-Wb.jpg

[attach=111265]oceanChief4-midDuo.jpg[/attach]

[attach=111266]oceanChief4-farDuo.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

oceanChief4-Wa.jpg

oceanChief4-midDuo.jpg

oceanChief4-farDuo.jpg

Hey Darrel, the Chief looks Great! I really love your Style! :cool:

Hey Piz… Thanks,

I think I’m getting to a level of comfort with Z where style can hopefully start to emerge.

Here’s a new (very quick and very early) blockHead WIP. Happened in no time – just idle play at the end of the day – but I see potential so I’ll probably chase this one.

Thinking of using another odd GroBoto subtool for a mustache & beard. Much more to do of course… think I need to back off the massive forehead among other things.

bhSage-seqPanels.jpg

Any plans for letting the user roll their own primitives? I’ve seen some shapes in your work that seem to derive from shapes not commonly available in GB.

If this gets any deeper it might have a better home at the “Other Commercial Applications” thread or PM’s…:wink:

Really like the style your showing here! :+1:

I agree that any in-depth GroBoto discussion should happen elswhere. Like my…

GroBoto Lab Work Thread
… In fact, I’ll go ahead and address your question there later today --but quickly, I’d note that only the ‘fishFace’ model on the first page of this thread uses non-standard GroBoto forms – everything else is built with ‘stock’ prims.

Thanks,
Darrel

Hey Roger,

Thanks.
– dropped by your site, great character work – love the whimsy & humor.

Thanks, Darrel.:+1: