ZBrushCentral

Tyrannosaurus 2021 ver completed

New add
Not long ago, research results were published that tyrannosaurids lived by fighting each other vigorously by biting, biting, and chewing each other.
As those of you who are interested in dinosaurs are well aware, teeth marks are often found in the skeletons of herbivorous dinosaurs that lived at the same time as Tyrannosaurus, and they are also found in their own species.
The wounds were mainly concentrated on the maxilla or mandible, that is, on the snout, and what is interesting in this data is that traces of the wound were found from the state of some growth.

Since scars are usually found in adult adults, it is speculated that they may have lived in fierce battles for various reasons, such as fighting for possession of females during mating, territorial disputes, and competition for food, like todayโ€™s crocodiles.
And one of the interesting facts about the results of this study was that they mainly fought in the same weight class.
Based on the results of this study, we proceeded with rendering.

I have envisioned various scenarios such as competition for mates or fighting for territory, but I thought fighting over prey would be the most dynamic, so I made it in the form of two tyrannosaurus fighting over the corpse of a triceratops.
There is a theory that they lived in an environment similar to that of the swampy area of โ€‹โ€‹the Florida Everglades National Park, so I referred to it.

KakaoTalk_20210908_233849450

Hi guys~
Once again, in four years since 2017, I have produced my favorite dinosaur, Tyrannosaurus Rex modeling.

I think I can confidently say that this work paid more attention to scientific evidence than the T-rex model I made in the past.

The hardest part was the body scales.
When we look at the current records of tyrannosaurid fossil integument, we can know that they consist of very small scales in which diameters are about 1-2 mm. While there is no fossil that preserves the entire body covering, the range of the current record is significant and includes integuments at neck, pelvic region and the foot. Based on such evidence, we constructed the skin of this Tyrannosaurus rex model as consisting small scales with uniform size, lacking large scales or osteoderms like those of crocodiles. We poured lots of time and efforts to sculpt such tiny scales one by one, using dinosaur skin brush which our team has made.
Given that the trunk of the dinosaur is covered with minimal scales, we worried that the model might seem โ€œboringโ€ when it is seen in the distance. Thus, to settle up such potential problem, we did our best to reconstruct cephalic ornamentation beautifully, especially the keratin at the postorbital region.

Additionally, we thought that thick callosities would have been present at the skins of the chest, back of metatarsus, and the bottom of the pubic boot where the 9 ton animal would rest. Therefore, we sculpted such structures, referencing skins of large birds such as ostriches and emus.

Please look forward to the dinosaurs Iโ€™m making. Thank you!

Face scales work process

Body scales work process

Back legs scales work process

Skin scales work process

References Callosity
References Mouth
References Skin scales

#Trex #tyrannosaurus #tyrannosaurusrex #vitaminimagination #zbrush #MarmosetToolbag4 #SubstancePainter

https://www.instagram.com/vitamin_imagination_kim_jk/

7 Likes

it look good, but somehow the front looks odd for me.

1 Like

Monumentale research and execution, amazing project as well. Thank you for sharing this with us, your process and a gorgeous V-REX :clap:
Jaime

1 Like

Thank you for liking it!

Where do I look weird?

this one for the head part: https://www.zbrushcentral.com/uploads/default/original/4X/c/3/0/c306f484e0f0d89f1c880f3feadd094215b32795.jpeg

i think itโ€™s just me.