ZBrushCentral

Tutorial: Head modeling part 1

looks like you have simplebrush as active tool - instead of 3dsphere. no symmetry available for simplebrush, its a 2 - 2.5d brush.

to load/activate 3dsphere click on simple brushs icon, a palette with all kinds of tools/brushes will pop up, including the sphere3d - select that one - there you go :slight_smile:

oops - i just realized that you have loadd the thread as a script. should make it even easier. 3dsphere should be made available as small icon in the tool palettes window - just click on it to make it the active one.

hope this helps

• juandel

Hi ct,

There are a number of self-running head modeling tutorials built into both the demo and the purchased version of ZBrush.

What’s nice about them is they let you run in several modes, each with different levels of info prompting as to what happens during each step of the modeling process. Those would be worthwhile for you to run through to understand the necessary steps (buttons to press.)

Specific to your question, as Juandel says, you must, under the Tool palette, select Sphere3d. Since Sphere3d is a 3d tool, different options appear under the TRANSFORM menu, including the ones you haven’t been able to find, that are appropriate to 3d modeling.

After you draw your sphere3d on the canvas, you must go into EDIT mode so the sphere3d can be rotated and edited. You enter Edit mode by either pressing the TRANSFORM/EDIT button or pressing on the T key.

That should get you going.

But I highly recommend the self-running built in demos
 they will tell you what you need to know to understand ZBrush methods, procedures and interface.

Sven

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>But I highly recommend the self-running built in demos
 they will tell you what you need to know to understand ZBrush methods, procedures and interface. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, I am just getting to grips with the Zbrush interface by using the 1.55 demo. I like what I see so far, but I have a question regarding the built-in Head Modeling Session #3. I understand what’s happening up until the mouth.

I see that the lips are being drawn, but without anything being changed (apparently) the same draw size, and Z-intensity is used with Zadd still selected and somehow the mouth cavity appears to be formed.

If I try to recreate this all I get is bigger/fatter lips. Is there some sort ‘reverse’ keyboard shortcut to temporarily change Zadd to ZSub or something like that?

What am I missing?

Greetings

Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
Culemborg
The Netherlands

Pressing the alt key while modelling will change to z-sub until released :slight_smile: - Baz

Thanks
that’s the info I needed.
This really saves my *$$ or at the very least helps me understand what’s going on in the tutorials.

Greetings

Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
Culemborg
The Netherlands

You’re welcome!

:cry:ican’t see the pic