ZBrushCentral

Tree test using Fiber Mesh

Again great results Arran - so you can render just not with BPR but it’s still fantastic for mid distance or further details I’m guessing.

Transparency with the uv’s you say? Any chance of a screen grab on where and how to add this Arran? I haven’t fiddled with transparency since version 2.

I’m just loving version 4 - lovin’ it I tell ye!! It’s a dream come true for Ol’ Boozy. I’ve downloaded R2B just not loaded it up yet.

Excellent experimentation, FiberMesh is amazingly versatile and your exploration is an inspiration to us all; thanks for sharing.

Dave

awesome last videos on making the tree . With the micromesh does everything has to be made using fibermesh or can u make a object and use it as a micromesh?can u use any other brush with the micormesh?

Arran, the root systems you designed for the trees are remarkable and absolutely photo-realistic! I can see lots of use for Fibermesh and Micromesh, both realistic and surrealistic, though I’m not convinced about using the plugins for creating “real” hair. But your experimentation is very impressive. Thanks for sharing!

totallyWicked.jpg

I have attached a link to download the ZBrush File for the image below if anyone is interested. The Subtools are saved as ‘PV’ and finals, The PV are the previews for the fibers for each element, and then the rest of the tools are the accepted fibers. In order to get a better render of the fibers when used as leaves I advise that you crease and divide them once before rendering to get a far more accurate shadowing.

SAMPLE TREE DOWNLOAD

@KrakenCMT: Thanks, and I also am excited and keep checking to see whats being produced, definitely exciting.

@SonOfWitz: Thanks, I love undulating in details and that is one of the things ZBrush helps out with the most, which is probably why I am so attached to it.

@Artfan: Lol, thanks :slight_smile:

@earthtriber: I hope your trees worked out well, and I agree this is a massive leap forward. You should have seen how I made some trees a few months back and how much time it took and now this, lol, makes me laugh in a crazy sort of way :wink:

@boozy floozie: Thanks loads. In order to use transparency you basically add full black to the texture where you want the object to be transparent as per the square leaf image above. You then select transparency under the texture preview in the texture palette.

@DLangley: Thanks loads and your welcome.

@jubala: You can use any model as a MicroMesh insert. Try it with some of the primitive shapes such as the ring 3D.

@kevphil: The roots were made with Zspheres, as well as the main tree before the smaller branches were added using the FiberMesh. I need to give some time to using the FiberMesh for hair but been carried away with the foliage so far.

@nickz: I totally love that part of the movies :slight_smile: thanks.

FULLTREE.jpg

Attachments

ST.jpg

wow …nice! …thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Gee, this looks great! Thanks a lot for sharing.:smiley:

Cheers!

To where are we going? Great result.

Amazing tree… Thank you for sharing! :+1:

Woww, this kind of experimentation is what it’s all about. I love the results you’re getting and can’t wait to try 4R2b.

Good job! I echo everyone’s sentiments, great experimentation and result! Very generous to share it too.

wow ! awesome ! yea please share your techniques !!

Amazing! Thanx for sharing…

thanks for showing the way arran … very inspiring :+1: :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
my first quick attempt :

http://www.fileserve.com/file/wSgCtWf/tree1.zip

tree1.jpg

Awesome work and render… i think the highest branches could do with some attention and i discovered you can move them one at a time with the Move Topological tool helps tidy up loose hairs too!

I really love the things you can do with fibermesh to generate some nice looking trees/foliage. But naturally these things are very high poly and I was wondering if there would be a way to use this new tool to save time in making trees/foliage for games? I’ve been trying to think of all kinds of ways but the only thing I can come up with is to use fibermesh to make your branches/leaves to make your diffuse/normal maps to go on the planes of your trees/foliage. Reason I ask this is making trees/foliage for games has always given me issues to get believable looking assets under polygon budgets.

…thanks!!!

…for the tree,Arran !!

It looks really Great!!! thank you for sharing man.:smiley:

WOW these are mind-blowing!! Thanks for sharing your techniques!