ZBrushCentral

Transpose Master Tutorial Trick!

Hey Folks,

This is a little trick of posing a High Poly Mesh in a different DCC app! Sometime while concepting you just need to see your model in an action pose or generally see it move. I’m a game developer so this helps with concepting and seeing flaws when the character move in the Engine (UE4 for me).

NOTE: this model is still a Work-in-progress… and still iterating but maybe some will find it useful. The final will be a comic book look with cel-shading applied to it. This is a character for my game using UE4. ZBrush has NPR that’s easy, fast, and pretty much renders what it will look like in UE4.

ZBrush_Pose

The softwares I used are: ZBrush, Modo, and Akeytsu.
Akeytsu is a great rigging and animation program that literally has a button to update a mesh which I use a lot for Concepting. This most likely can be used with any DCC app.

As you can see My model is over 5 Million polys.

I use Transpose Master. For this to work with Akeytsu or other DCC apps your mesh will need a lower polycount.

I GoZ it to my DCC application, I use Modo for this. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THE FOLDER!

I export the mesh to an FBX and put it into Akeytsu (YOUR DCC APP). I already Rigged the character already.

I use the New Feature UPDATE SKINNED MESH to Update the mesh.

I go to Animation Mode, create a New Animation and only have one frame. I posed the character.

I used Export Scene Only Selected Animation option.

Here it is in my DCC application.

I copied my posed mesh, deleted the old mesh, and pasted the posed new mesh.

I use GoZ to go to ZBrush.

I used Transpose Master to go back to my high poly mesh. Transferring the Pose.

6 Likes