ZBrushCentral

Transparency rendering at lower opacity than desired

Hello, I’m trying to learn about transparency and glass-like materials for the sake of rendering eyes. I tried to follow this guide here, and I don’t believe I’ve messed with any of my settings to cause this issue, but whenever I try to check this material with BPR, it seems to show up in a lower opacity than it should. In the tutorial the reflective surface of the eye appears both completely transparent and just as reflective as in the normal edit window, but when I try the same thing, it appears to be lower opacity. I’ve isolated just the spheres I’m referring to to show the opacity issue. The reflections are just so dull, but I’m coming up empty trying to find what could possibly be causing this, as to my knowledge I just followed the guide above.

zbrush%20orbs%20low%20opacity zbrush%20orbs%20low%20opacity2

Hi @Wren

Sorry you’re having some trouble!

Questions regarding a third party tutorial and any custom materials should be directed to the author of the tutorial.

However, I didn’t have any trouble creating this effect:

transp

I’d recommend watching the video more closely–the author illustrates the multiple locations in which you you need to enable this effect. It’s also important to note that this is a BPR rendertime effect–not a real time effect. It will require a BPR render.

Thank you for letting me know! I should have attempted this on a new project, it looks like whatever the issue is it is specific to my current project, so I’ll try to pinpoint what went wrong. Thanks :slight_smile: