ZBrushCentral

Tom the friendly Troll

Awesome!!!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Nice work Jelmer!

Excellent Work -I’d say, you nailed each expression
Top Row material!

your facial shapes look great man, very expressive and with ton of character.
Top Row stuff for sure :+1:

Very cool! Love the expressions.

just Awesome man - what you render in Mr ? - great moods :smiley:

Truly amazing!
Top Row Stuff! Congratz!:wink:

Just amazing man…

Nice model, Jelmer. Great Expression!. I saw this over your FB…really awesome piece! :smiley: Also read your interview in 3D World…excellent stuff!

Awesome! You can really feel the emotion in each sculpt. I love it

wow ! its great ! it means you made 15 displacement maps for render !!

:smiley: Great work! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Awesome work mate.

THIS IS BRILLIANT
i love the expression studies SO much character and beautiful presented. Love the bubbles on the drunk one, nice touch.

Serious you have really brought a fantasy creature to life. Amazing.

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Totally top row material mate. thanks for sharing

killer expressions man! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

wow great job!

Totally awesome work, top row for sure. :+1: :+1:

Dude, very good job ! This guy looks alive, nice going. :wink:

Woa guys, that’s a little overwhelming! What a reception for Tom! Thanks a million!

Huan80: Thank you sir, I’ve posted the original concept drawing, which is almost 3 years old now. and some photo’s of the clay progress. The sculpting was done in Chavant NSP clay and merely served me a design maquette to get a rough idea of the form I wanted.

Sephiorothsinic: Not yet :slight_smile:

Greogoconn: I agree with your crit. I think I stayed a little to close to my own expressions on this one, instead of trying to go for a general representation of the expression. Thanks :slight_smile:

Ncollings: Thanks for all your comments Nicolas!

-FoOD-: This was rendered in Mental Ray, with final gather turned on (1 bounce) I’ve used two spotlights and to white grids to bounce the light around. This was rendered out as a beauty pass and an ambienc occlusion pass was rendered out and later combined in photoshop. Here is a screenshot of the setup: http://www.jelmerboskma.com/challenge/Jelmer_lightsetup.jpg

Solidsnakexxx: Cheers man, glad you like him :slight_smile:

Here’s some more imagery, some of the early clay stuff, the original concept drawing and my 15 own expressions that served as refference for this project.

[]

[]

[]

[]

[]

[]

[

]Jelmer_troll_001.jpgJelmer_troll_002.jpgJelmer_troll_003.jpgJelmer_troll_004.jpgJelmer_troll_005.jpgprofile_final_D5.jpgJelmer_expressions.jpg