ZBrushCentral

Toad Goblin

Hey Guys,

My name is Jordan Moodaliar and I am a 3D Character artist,

I am 18 Years old and I Sculpted this character while and in between studying for my Final Grade 12 Exams.

I’ve been working on a Creature for the #SculptItYourself ‘‘Fantasy Creatures’’ contest by @xppen_usa and @rafagrassetti.

So I came up with a Creature named the “Toad Goblin”. I wanted the concept to be Cute, happy yet disgusting at the same time.

These two best friends were Sculpted in Zbrush using HD Geo, the pores were done manually, no scans were used whatsoever, everything was sculpted from scratch using simple primitive shapes within Zbrush.

All maps (albedo, spec, SSS etc.) were painted in SP, Hair was groomed in Xgen, Rendered in Arnold/Maya

I will render more angles and post them soon…

So without further ado, here is the finished result
Here is a link to my image for the contest, feel free to drop a vote :wink:

43 Likes

Superb sculpt, coloring and renders :sunglasses: :+1: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:!!

2 Likes

@Geert_Etcher_Melis Thank you so much!!

Congratulations Jordan, well done all around :clap:
Jaime

1 Like

Thanks @Jaime, I’m glad you like it!!

Wow, I did not expect this! I just want to thank everyone for their support!

It is really an honor

This is very impressive - excellent work! :+1:

1 Like

Awesome work. I portend a great future in your career!

1 Like

Thank You, much appreciated

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words,
Glad You like the artwork

great attention for detail :slight_smile: Goodluck with the challenge!

1 Like

I didn’t make it into the top 30 with mine. So, I’m hoping yours win! Overall Amazing character and great detail. Gunna try out HD geometry next time. Best of luck on round 2 :raised_hands:t4:

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate the kind words

Thank you @Deecanuto

I’m glad you like the artwork,

Yes definitely!!! Once you go HD, you can never go back :wink:

Kind of nervous for round 2, never know how many followers people have to vote for them,

and I don’t have IG, let alone followers to help out…

well… Rafael said he likes my work…that’s a win in my book :grin:

1 Like

great work!

1 Like

Thanks!

okkey i follow you haha good job

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Wow,

It has always been a dream of mine to be on Toprow since the time I joined ZBrush Central almost 6 years ago,

I want to thank the Pixologic team and the ZBrush Central community for making this possible

Thank you all for your support,
You have really turned this year around for me :grin: :dizzy:

Sincerest thanks,
Jordan Moodaliar

1 Like

So this is what Dobby from Harry Potter would look like in old age: D In my opinion, the job was very well done :slight_smile:
I sit in 3D myself a bit and I know that you need to spend some time on it to get a satisfactory result. Bravo!

1 Like