ZBrushCentral

Thief

First post in ZBCentral!
Based in a previous draw of my own, this is my first 3d personal work in a lot of years. So, I made a looot of details which get lost in the final image, but was a pleasure to get los in ZB :slight_smile:

Basically, every organic object was modelled in SILO and/or MAX, and then send separately to ZB (lot of polygons in all, not over 5 mill each) painted and full modelled there and then back to max, joined and rendered in VRAY (background ans characters separately). Post processed in PS.

tech info: made in a dual core 2.6, 2 gb RAM, GF7300 LE, good ole’ 17 monitor, a little genius tablet

ZBCThumb1.jpg
[attach=156981]2009-09_05_thief_1920.jpg[/attach]

A few low poly views and close details (not much organized, sorry). Hope you like it

[attach=156982]thief_hand.jpg[/attach]

[attach=156983]thief_face_cloth_2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Very nice… looks like something from Tim burton’s scary univers’ nice modelling and texturing- :smiley:

I can’t say it in english…

Sublime! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

WOW!That’s so aesthetic!! Beautiful!!:+1:

AjoLee
AjoLee Sketchbook
http://ajoleesart.blogspot.com/

Fantastic! Top Row in my book

First class story telling and delivery. Well done!

That’s an interesting picture. It makes you wonder what exactly you’re looking at and why he’s taking the child.

It’s an elf. I don’t know the proper English words for this, but it’s kind of a changed child, where the elves took the child as a baby and replace them with a similar looking elf child. I dunno the whole story, but it’s originated in the celtic mythology.

Nice image.

Freaking Creepy/Cool!

Malkes me want to know more about the story!!!

That’s a very cool image dude! Interesting character and very nicely done :+1:

Wow very cool. It has a great feel, color and texture:+1:

Awesome image…
love the character design …:+1:
top row stuff …:smiley:

Very nice work! :+1:

What a great picture. His face and his hands are awesome, and also the overall colors.

That’s an awesome first post man. The lighting is cool and I like the mood.The hands look quite natural in the detail pic. Good work!:+1:

It’s all good, but I love the window frame the most. The slight warping in the wood, the offset of the screw and nail heads, the realistically less-than-perfect fit of the pieces. Gorgeous.

Actually, I think the character is from Social Services or Health (Elf?) and Safety … I mean, what sort of parent leaves burning candles above a baby’s cot? :eek:

1º: sorry my bad english

ISK-86, mljforever, sreilly, regmonroe, AgentSmith, Captain Sensible, Dman3d, ivar_sn, roger, SebastianWunnicke, furloop: thanks a lot, you’re very kind
skaale: luv Burton for ever and ever :slight_smile:
KillahPriest: who’s saying he’s taking it? (scary laughter)
Jester: I know that celtic/ireland myth too: first time I read it in a beautiful Mignola’s Hellboy tale, and later in the book Faeries, from Alan Lee & Brian Froud
Moochie: thanks, it took a while made the less-than-perfect thing of the window and it was the last thing made. The AO of Vray helped a lot with the look.
oh: the sheet’s cot are made from asbestos riped off from old walls, so burning is the last thing to worry :stuck_out_tongue: (bad, really baaaad parents)

Thank you all, guys

Your thief is beautiful, Luigi!!!

Great design, great work! Love it
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Total awesome-ness! Great job on the whole thing, from sculpting, to texturing, lighting and rendering!

Did you use decimation master or displacement or normals?

I believe you mentioned this was rendered in Vray. Was the AO a pass you used or part of the render?

Great job all around!

Cant wait to see more of your works.

Very beautiful image !
The idea is very nice and great work on it !