ZBrushCentral

the wrestler (WiP museum_scene)

Some hair details, textures, displacements, PP. Before I’ll start exporting for setting a scene and rendering.

Great progress on the sculpt! Beautiful watercoloring :cool: .

Cool stuff man, a really well executed portrait! Is he going to get eyeballs?

@etcher: thanks, so you like the watercolor, so what I’m doing here, its time for some more paintings. I mean it :lol:
@Obz: thanks man, eyeballs, why not. But of what kind? I’ll visit the archeological athens museum tomorrow, maybe I’ll learn something more there. I have another version (without hair) thinking to start painting it and go for fur, eyes etc in blender.
But all this came too naturalistic for my taste. Something more expressionistic is what I had in mind. More ‘pure’ sculpture.

th.jpg

Attachments

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 3.jpg

Picture 8.jpg

Picture 4.jpg

Picture 5.jpg

Nice technique ! I guess it’s faster than justdoing the curves on a square topology. Thanks a lot for sharing. :slight_smile:

I say make them “Michalistic”. Get too wrapped up in “isms” and “istics” and you may miss out on something good due to prejudice.
:smiley:

Nice work on the “hair how to”, I had always been curious of the approach by fellows who sculpted hair in the classic style like that. Good stuff.

Right HellGrind. You’ll find that a 500k faces mesh is almost enough.
Most important here is to keep an arch feel. An ‘S’ look from two views if possible (move tool).
Sorry obz, we were posting the same time. Yeah ‘michalistic’ :lol: :lol:

hey!michalis! thank you for sharing your techniqu!:+1:
even seen your thread,I told me i had lots of to learn!.:wink:

Clean way to achieve that hair! If the underlying geometry does not flow with the pattern there will be a lot of problems later down the road. If it’s done this way a simple subdivision is enough to smooth it well. If it’s “forced”, you need millions of polygons to cover up the neglect ;).
Well done!
Lemo :+1: :+1: :+1:

So, always follow basic geometry, then move tool. In almost any case, not just the hair.

Wow super inspired project. Looks really good so far. Your anatomy on the lady is really nice - she’s wonderfully plump. You’re textures look great too. I’ll gonna stay tuned for sure.

pblTh.jpg

Attachments

pbl2.jpg

pbl5.jpg

pbl6.jpg

Nice statue!. Great sculpting.

Beautiful sculpts! You do a great job of making them look like ancient and rustic statues. :+1:

Very beautiful Render and technique to draw hair! I really loved it! Should have a placed eye balls to give him a complete look! :slight_smile:

pbl7th.jpg

Attachments

pbl7.jpg

Real classical sculpture feel! on all of your models!, love it!

I like your works very much, they have the old and classic sculpture look but they also have something really fresh .

Keep up the good art
:+1:

ptestsssTH.jpg

Attachments

ptestsss5.jpg