ZBrushCentral

the wrestler (WiP museum_scene)

Wow_specially liked the scratches over the sculpted head, which giving a nice feelings for a natural sculpt… keep going… :slight_smile:

Thanks for your kind words mridulsen.
Scratches are just random effects. Precision of sculpture is my concern here, this may not an interesting effort in this forum though. Even the word ‘precision’ is a matter to discus here. I prefer my world of ‘fantasy’ here, not the other one…

Then let me thank you for sharing your special world with us here.
I have took a few sculpture classes and enjoyed them. So digging this reality very much.
Keep this museum running I am looking forward to seeing more displays.

Having a break from my personal studies on ancient sculpture.
A fisherman’s portrait, just a quick study. Still a 100k mesh.

portrp.jpg

Attachments

peros_multires.jpg

fisherman.jpg

p4.jpg

Attachments

p_test1.jpg

p_test2.jpg

good job.

You’ve definitely captured the likeness very well, but i think the upper lip looks a bit ‘puffy’…almost implanted…good job !

and good progress I must say :+1:

Thanks, its still a wip after all, still changing lot of things. Too realistic for my taste though, never mind. Here’s a watercolour in front of the model, last summer, island etc
WatercoloursV2136.jpg

I really do like that watercolor. excellent.

Thanks julian_K. I love this watercolor medium, because I don’t need a studio or a pc or anything, just some nice paper, brushes, colors. In open air… I missed this.
About the sculpt, some problems with the shirt, I have to reconstruct it. Always the same mistake, never start with the head, this should be sculpted in the end. Degas said it once, I think. But even Degas could not resist. lol.

Trying some matcaps. Some small progress to.
Here, I have to say that pixologic should fix all these mac v3.2 bugs, as I can’t render in dimensions larger than 1024 px. Thats why I’m using preview and watching all these fine illustrators pc users do. All these on a macpro 16 threads 2 xeon machine. But who’s listening.

ZBC_THUMB.jpg
[attach=198616]cP1.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

cP1tn.jpg

cP1.jpg

Lovely sculpt, and the watercolour is gorgeous… it’s that good I’m jealous! :lol:

Fantastic work. I’m a fan! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

great sculpt, amazing face and love the hair!

The hair is very nicely done. Especially if its part of the same mesh as the rest of the head. Which it looks like it is. Great job!

…sculpture! :sunglasses:
Bravo! :+1:

@RawSunlight: Don’t be jealous, watercolors is a way to escape from studios etc, its a matter of belief mostly not a matter of art (!), its like studying violin or double bass. Not possible but after a week of trying everything seems possible. I spent ten years already on this. I feel old :lol:
@MoonChild: thank you.
@michael milano, @twf152: thank you. About hair; a matter of re-topology, this is a 500k model. a 2M just for 3d textures.
@Frency Pilou: Merci Pilou, à bientôt.

very impressed!!
great sculpt.i like your watercolor ;D

Thanks cherrypig. I wish I had your skills to paint it too. I have another version without hair to go for fur etc. But I’m not sure if I want to…