ZBrushCentral

The Tomb Guardians

Hi ZBC,Long time no see !

Here are my recent works -The Tomb Guardians.
They were inspired by a pair of Tomb Guardians from the Tang Dynasty at the Cleveland Museum of Art. The Tomb Guardians - usually to protect the tomb master from evil.
I love the imagination of my ancestors, the ancient Chinese. It looks ready to fight, very fierce but quiet, and if you notice, its hair rises up against gravity, twisting, as if it carries some powerful scent.
I have always wanted to express my understanding of traditional art in a modern way. In the process of making it, I often feel the heart of ancient craftsmen, who spend their whole life doing only one thing.
I wanted this piece to be from ancient times, but not limited to ancient times, it was a projection of the tradition of my ancestors, so you can see that I added a lot of modern elements, relatively realistic faces and muscles and so on, but I still wanted to keep the Chinese soul of it.

And there are special renderings

Hope you like them!
Happy Chinese Luna new year!

34 Likes

Superb work - love the sculpts, materials & renders :sunglasses: :+1: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:!!

Outstanding Zhelong! Thanks for sharing with us :wink:
Jaime

Beautiful sculpted fur :+1:

Hey @xuzhelong So great to see your recent posts. Outstanding, as always. :slight_smile:

amazing stuff! Thank you for sharing with us!