ZBrushCentral

The Neomorph - Alien Fan Art

Hello ZBC! I’ve been working on a realistic ZBrush character model and render for two years now. It was a labor of love but thankfully I just finished it! Hopefully I can take what I learned to speed up my process on the next project. He was rigged and animated but after the scope of the project grew beyond control, I had to dial things back. I’m looking forward to starting a new project. All feedback is welcome. Enjoy!

NeomorphShot2

Lastly, I put together a short video timeline documenting the project as it developed. Click HERE

-Chris

25 Likes

Very interesting . Well done. :+1: :blush:

Nice work on this thing, especially with all the fluid/moisture effects. Thanks for posting that vid.

Hi, thanks for taking a look! I appreciate it :smiley:

Spyndel, I’m glad you found the video interesting. I thought it would be interesting to see how things started out and where they ended. I was running nightly WIP renders every couple of days so what you see in the video is probably only half of the total renders I had!

Beautiful sculpt.

This is awesome! Love the renders

You might be interested in this podcast we had with one of the Concept Artists from Alien Covenant awhile back. He talks about the designs and also shows off some sculpts towards the middle of the session. Here’s the link

:smiley: Whoa, I’m certainly interested! I’ll check this out! I found fairly limited reference when I started my project a few years ago. There were discrepancies between the on-set puppet and the final model used for the film. I took a little of both for my creature. Thanks!

nice

yeahhh that’s how a demonic creature should be :heart_eyes: :+1: :facepunch:

OMG. You have made my day.
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Amazing work!

1 Like