ZBrushCentral

The mesh drags as it moves, does not seem to be realtime, hardware question

A hardware question!

Hello, I think I actually have a pretty good fast computer. However, I noticed that Zbrush (I’m modelling a head) sometimes drags when moving around in the scene. So it shows the mesh in low poly for a short time and then in high poly again. There were even situations where the mesh was not visible for a short time. (I often delete the undo history because of this, if that’s the reason).

In contrast to my other scenes, I’m currently working without a dyna mesh…that’s probably why I have more subdivisions…is it possible that this is the reason?

Shouldn’t the computer with the power display everything in real time, without a short reload? Or do I have to set something else somewhere? I am unsure…?!

Thanks for your answers!

PC
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processsor, 3600 MHz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors
X470 GAMING PLUS MAX (MS-7B79)
32 GM RAM
Win 10

Hello Fae

This is actually a feature that improves performance with high resolution meshes. The more active points there are on the screen at one time, the slower ZBrush navigational performance will be, especially if poly frame is enabled. If your mesh has subdivision levels, ZBrush will display a lower subdivision level while navigating to keep performance fast. A high resolution mesh that does not have lower levels of subdivision will be slower to navigate with as a result.

If your mesh is ever not visible for any reason, pressing ‘f’ will frame it on the screen.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the answer, I had already suspected something similar…just wanted to make sure that everything with my PC and the software is “ok”. :slightly_smiling_face: