ZBrushCentral

The little world of...

cool vids, nice to see them on a turntable.
I really like the way the metallic heads look,
the bronze/patina copper colors along with
ornate patterns are just sweeeet.
environment is very cool too.

really dig the style :+1:

I forgot to post this one!

I tryed to mix different materials, About one hour or two with the render ^^

Awesome sculpting! Love the renders and the character in the first posts.

Hi!

Here is a quick model i did with my broken clavicle (and ribs +_+)
Nothing crazy (yep an other monster…) but I’ve tryed to concentrate more and more to make a mix beetween realism and design!

I’ve played with the mouth too, smile feeling from the front views and sadness, angry or anything else on the others sides…
a bit of my feelings about Zbrushing with a broken body mouahaha!

Just Zbrush renders so far, but i’ll try to make something cool in max too, next post :wink:

hi simonblanc, i love your models and your renders man. they bring out the quality in your models!

i have a question for you, you mentioned you are new to zbrush and so am i. i really want to get a zbrush > max pipeline going (for the purpose of rendering images the way you do). is there ANY way you would mind sharing a little pipeline with us? cos i really have no idea how to get my finished sculpts into max to render out, something ive been wanting to do for ages and just cant figure out!!!
help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks man, looking forward to your next works. the last image you posted is by far my favourite.:+1:

oh and just checked out your online portfolio. really cool works in there!! hopefully ill be there one day :slight_smile:

Hi mradamw :smiley:
Thanks for all these good words i’m glad that you like my work!

About my pipeline nothing special, for my still pics I export the highest res mesh renderable in max and just use the traditional normal maps, cavity map etc… I try to avoid the displacement issues (I keep that for animated shots mouaha )
But for info i’ve learned with Meats Meier’s gnomon DVD the bases verry quickly (good dvd goood…thanks Meats !) , and after that i’ve looked at all sort of tutorials, like the Zbrush classroom, Zbrush central (http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom)etc…

That’s it i hope you will find your answers, i improve my pipeline a bit more everyday with all these ressources!

Here is WIP of Sady’s head ^^

thanks for that simonblanc
when it comes to the UV’s for those maps, do you use the uv’s in zbrush (AUV, GUV etc), or do you create a base outside of zbrush with the UV’s layout out there? cos this is my biggest issue (and i struggle to find decent tuts on it).
if you create these maps using the uv’s in zbrush, will you be able to bring those maps into max ok?
sorry about the silly questions, but its the only way to learn :stuck_out_tongue:

So finally a quick render in max, i think i’ve done a bit too many details on this one, next time i’ll do something softer :smiley:

AWESOME!
top form. keep em comin!

much respect-
~sG~

Hi :smiley:
speed fish to relax !

These are great Simon. I really love your more designy pieces.

I don’t think that last monster is too detailed at all. It is very interesting to see how much the final shading softens the designiness and angularity.

I prefer the angular, designy look but it is very encouraging to see that shading alone can bridge the gap between “styles/looks” in a dramatic way.

def. one of my favorite threads here-
btw your reels are stunning- I’m constantly
needling through them :wink:

5* in my book. thanks for sharing Simon.

Very nice work man. I really like your style.

Poda > Thanks for this good analyse, i think you’re true about the mix beetween realism/style , i try to work on this way :wink:

Super Glicher > glad you like my work too:D you’ve got a lot of interesting stuff too, nice shape experiments!

Francis > thanks for the kind words !

All of you guys are in the style side of life keep it up!

An other speed !
Two in one dual head (does that mean anything ?! @_@) for fun ^^

and a papy about one or two hours!

[](http://www.simonblanc.com/pages/pepe_web.jpg)

Hi Mradamw,

for the uv, it’s better to do it in an other software , like max etc… it aallow you to it the way you want, and it’s easier to finalise your map in photoshop too…
if i begin with the polysphere directly in zbrush for a speed sculpt, i use the GUV tiles on the lower res, it’s ok to have a good map, but on a hires mesh it will be horrible, too many polygons cuted everywhere.

so my 2 choices :

1: Zbrush automatic uv for speed sculpts or still pictures, or lazy guys :wink: .

2: external Uv for animated projects, when the character is gonna be visible from all angles , or when someone else is gonna work on my stuff after me… no way to let an automatic uv because if any texture change is needed the guy 's gonna be crazy mouaha !

hope it help!

…Bruce Mau would be proud :smiley:
dual-head sculpt looks like it would be a cool
head of a walking staff or umbrella.

thanks for that simonblanc

ive just started using Blender to do my uv’s, but STILL trying to work out how to get it all into max to render nicely etc…im using the SSS Fast skin material+displace (mi) material and im having some margin of success, but there are just so many settings in there and i cant quite get it right.

i dont suppose there is any way you could share some of your processes in regards of getting a model created & textured in zbrush into max (ie what poly level you send it to max, which material you use, and what kind of maps do you make to use with the material) if you could share some insight, it would help immensely!

Hey Simon, I really like your sculpting style and very impressed. You have a different and very artistic style. Renders are incredible! And I like too your personal identity, logo type etc.

Awesome! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: