ZBrushCentral

The Character Art of Darksiders II (new images pg 5, 6, 7)

Awesome! Can’t wait to see more stuff.

Collectors Edition Preordered. :wink:

really awesome!!!:+1:

Simply awesome!!! Loved the look of the first game and this seems just as strong. Amazing work!!!

Thanks everyone! We are very proud of the art our character team created and are ecstatic to see that you guys enjoy seeing it!

beta_channel and spacemonkeydr - We are working on a game-res post for polycount. It will be posted after Darksiders II is released.

jutsu - Sorry about that! We tried to refrain from posting anything that hasn’t already been shown in our trailers. We are a very art centric studio and love to share with the art community when we can. Oh and yes the horse turned out great. Brian King is an amazing Sculptor.

BrookeD - We do a bit of Live Streaming from time to time. You can check out a Stream of a weapon I did for the “make a Darksiders Weapon Contest” we held over at polycount.
BoBo_Weapon_Demo

Our Live Stream Channel: http://www.livestream.com/vigilnights

Gareee - There will be an Art of Darksiders II book

nofounture - We primarily build blanks (base meshes) in 3dsMax and import them but we also use ZBrush creation methods as well (ZSpheres and Dynamesh for example)

joxypo, sleepyhead, and HaloAnimator - The material is actually a composite of a couple materials. I may do a demo sometime showing how I do it.

Thanks again everyone! Here is a detail image of one of the armor sets:

DS2_Death-Detail.jpg

More to come!

• BoBo

Attachments

DS2_Death-Detail.jpg

1 Like

every job is a truly amazing full of style, makes this work unique congratulations … I can not wait to play the game:+1:

Beautiful work! Can’t wait to see the textured models and to play DS2!

Superb work Vigil Studios! Great designs and silhouettes that were wonderfully executed!
I can’t wait to play it!

Amazing work. Thanks so much for sharing.

I also love how the art style stays extremely consistent among pieces with such big range. Outstanding.

Would love to see the painted versions. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your teams awesome work. Looking forward to the game.

Superb!!!Inspiring!!:D:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Outstanding work.

Excellent…

Wicked !!!

Those armour details are good enough to be busts by themself!

Darksiders is my favorite game, so cool, I want to join your company, haha:lol:

that is some sick work and i am truly looking forward to playing the game.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Simply amazing. Incredibly cool.

i’m just stunned by the artwork on ds2, really! before the polycount contest or anything i spotted already “hmmm… i dunno why but this game looks freakin’ awsome” i’m not really interested in these kind of games coz they are not my style but i think i cannot miss to buy ds2 for sure. ds1 looked cool as well, but really! ds2 is just WOW!! epic!
congratulations for the team!

Awesome!I love DarkSiders!:+1:

So inspirational. Great work!