ZBrushCentral

Tablet input device?

I can’t draw by hand worth a squat. Is using a tablet input device similar to drawing, or is it different? Could someone explain the ups and downs of tablet input devices for me? Thanks. :slight_smile:

I think they’re closer to being a fine control mouse action, than pencil drawing. I 've done drawing and that takes some getting used to, but a pen with Zbrush can do anything a mouse can and more. I have a 4x5 Wacom and at first, worried that it would be too small for artwork, but it’s just great.
A mouse though still works better for me to surf the net and working in other programs

Thanks. :slight_smile:
Can you have them both set up at the same time, and is it a pain to switch between them?

Hi CD,

I use both. I have a PS2 mouse and a USB Tablet. They both work at the same time (one or the other) but always plugged in.

I am just getting used to a new tablet but I am finding it hard to go back to a mouse for ANYTHING! It gets so easy to use. I would get one even if you can`t sketch that well. Just take time to learn it.

S

I use the Pen for everything now, including surfing. I do miss my scroll button though!

I’ve been using the Wacom Graphire for a year now. It is WAAAAAAAY fun with ZBrush, Painter, etc. Even if you can’t draw, it’s great for painting, effects etc. I also have the USB model, no conflict with my regular mouse. If you get one, just remember not to leave the mouse or the pen that come with it resting on the tablet while you’re using your regular mouse. And check the Wacom web site for the latest driver.
Cheers

Thanks, I may have to break down and get one afterall. :slight_smile:

i wish i had the money for a tablet but yet again my graphics programs were given to me well owed to me for a job i did and the dude doesent want to get anymore in the hole with me cause i took his eyes out his credit is ran up and he doesent need any work done lol im useing maya 6 and zbrush2 on a intel 128 mb of crappy ram machine i dont even have cash to upgrade my memory nor buy a tablet but atleast i was able to get the software for makin a web page so i guess its cool ill just have to save up all my pennies and get myself one of those funky tablets but that is after i get a computer that can handle maya because i ““Can”” use maya on my machine but it is slow as hell zbrish on the other hand runs quite nicely i was supprised lol i love zbrush its the best i have ever tried and the first i have ever bought