ZBrushCentral

system clipboard?

Hi

Is there any way to acces system`s clipboard from Zbrush? I can write a dll that can access the system clipboard, but what I am wondering if it is possible to use that data. For example let say that there is an image in the clipboard and I want to paste it into the canvas. Getting the clipboard data block via a dll might not be a problem. However how could that data be utilized in Zbrush, considering that there is no Sdk? Is there a way to convert arbitrary data into usable Zbrush datablocks via scripting?

No, not as far as I know. :frowning:

Ohh well, thanks for the info.

It is achievable, I have seen some teachers develop it in this community

Not a teacher ;), just a Zbrush user like you, but I’ve done that : Zpaste Plugin : paste any image from your clipboard in the texture menu or the Zbrush Spotlight

I didn’t use a data block, don’t know if it’s even possible (No API).

Used win32 in my C++ dll to access the clipboard, called the dll function from zscript and saved the clipboard content to disk as a temporary image, and at the return of the function in zscipt loaded the temporary image with zscript in a texture slot.

There’s no obligation to use a dll, you can also create an executable (I’ve also done it with a C# exe) to access the clipboard and generate the image.

2 Likes