ZBrushCentral

Surface noise Question

hello, i was playing with the surface noise, all the tutorials out there seems to project it directly to there mesh, but me when i use it i have to paint using the pattern 1 or 2 brushes( its cool) but i want it to be projected automatically, can any one guide me through this, much appreciation?

Hello @akram_fex ,

I’m not 100% clear on what you’re asking here, but there is a basic functionality video for noisemaker in the ZBrush Classroom.

http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide/3d-modeling/sculpting/surface-noise/noisemaker/

Noisemaker creates a noise projection over the surface of the mesh. To convert that into real geometry the resolution of your mesh needs to be high enough to capture the detail, and you need to click “Apply to Mesh”. It may be necessary to create UVs for your mesh to get the detail to project in the manner you wish.

Good luck!

here is a Gif to maybe clarify the issue, I’m suspecting that the problem is the Uv’s, i did post in a separate section the Uv Issue so that people with the same related problem may find it when having similar issues (Morph UV Mesh Problem)

as you can see, i have to paint, i see others are just pressing okay and it applies the noise on your mesh, the documentation seems not to address this, or maybe i did read something wrong!

Edit: I fixed the Uv’s Problem, but still not projecting directly into my mesh.

I think I see the problem. You’re attempting to apply the noise via the Brush> Surface menu? This only applies to the brushes.

Go to the Tool> Surface> menu, and apply your noise through that menu. See if that resolves your issue.

1 Like

Yep, didn’t notice that there is two Surface’s Menus, Thank you my man it worked :grin: