ZBrushCentral

Sudhan-ZSketchbook001-2014

woah these renders are really great, they look like actual toys,
also nice choice of colors :+1:

I really like your Shawtee sculpture! The rythem, gesture, and illustrative appeal of it works!

I also looked at your ArtStation link, and you have a cool style to how you approach your characters, props!
I especially enjoy your “wandering bounty hunter sculpture”. :+1:

Thanks people!

phrEEk: That means quite a bit to me, since one of my goals is to get into the toy/collectible industry, :smiley:

Takai: It’s always worth it when someone out there enjoys the stuff I’m making. Thank you! :slight_smile:

-Sudhan

CalvinAndHobbesComp01-April 18,2015.jpg
CalvinAndHobbesTurnaround-April 18,2015.jpg

It’s been a year to the day since I got into sculpting, so here’s to that, :smiley:
Keep on keeping on! :slight_smile:

-Sudhan

Attachments

CalvinAndHobbesTurnaround-April 18,2015.jpg

1 Like

Yay!!!

sudhan-lakshmanan-00-crocrockturntable.jpg

sudhan-lakshmanan-01-crocrockbeauty.jpg

“I’m not sleeping, I’m meditating!” :stuck_out_tongue:

-Sudhan

Attachments

sudhan-lakshmanan-00-crocrockturntable.jpg

wow, that is an amazing sculpt!

Wow, your renderings are very clean and pretty awesome!

@andy: Thanks! I love your work too, they’d make awesome collectibles! :slight_smile:

@aole: Thank you very much!

-Sudhan

I’ve been wanting to get into pinup-ish stuff for awhile now, So here’s to getting that started, WIP02 ^_^-Sudhan

itFeelsOkayWIP02-January 16,2016.jpg

Attachments

itFeelsOkayWIP02-January 16,2016.jpg

Hey fellow ZBrushers! I apologize for not being so active on these forums for the last couple of months. Graduation thesis and other stuff got in the way, not the best excuse but it’s something, :stuck_out_tongue: lol. So, here’s me finally kicking procrastination out the window and putting together stuff to share with you people!

01_bringIt01.jpg
“Bring It!” -.- Good night! Oh wait, it’s morning, :expressionless:

02_bigAlbinoMonster01.jpg
Big Al[bino] Monster - "Why am I so different from them? :("Saturday afternoon sculpt inspired by Danny Williams’ Monster busts, :slight_smile:

03_welp01.jpg
“Welp” Markitplier? Maybe, :stuck_out_tongue: Some Sunday night futzing around for my 2nd year anniversary of doing this, :slight_smile:

04_handpaintedGuy01.jpg
This started out as a study/challenge to paint and render hand-painted stuff in ZBrush [It is based off of a character concept for Brink]. And I procrastinated more than I’d like to admit, but now it’s time to call it done, :stuck_out_tongue:

-Sudhan

Got carried away with a sketch, -.- Procrastination of the first order, :stuck_out_tongue:

dailies030Comp-October-11,2016.jpg

-Sudhan

Attachments

dailies030Comp-October-11,2016.jpg

What did you do on the Bushy Beard sculpt to make it look more illustrated? I really like the style.

@burtonbenj: Thanks! Ah, a few things add up to cause the illustrative effect. The primary thing is the choppy plane changes in the sculpt itself. And then the polypaint on a MatCap with a very subtle and flat specular. And BPR filters like “Paint” and “Reflect-Self” [These vary depending on your sculpt, matcap and lighting conditions, so experiment with them to see what happens!].

I hope that is useful! Feel free to ask if you have other questions! :slight_smile:

-Sudhan

[Okay, I just made that up in the end, :p]

conceptPages016QuickComp01-December 21,2016.jpg

-Sudhan

Damn, I just really like your style and character design! In the past I’ve gone for the 3D illustrated look, but I used a post-processing method with Corel Painter and Photoshop. It would be sweet to get this effect without having to go through all that! Do you have any specifics are far as what materials you used, what settings you used for rendering, etc. etc.?

@burtonbenj: Hey! Thank you very much! Ah the painterly look, I put together a gumroad package[It’s free!] with the resources I used to go about it without post processing.

A lot of it comes down to the polypaint, BPR filters and the Matcap.

sudhan-l-conceptpages016breakdown01.jpg

In the case of the Inferno Ox though it was a matter of painting out/in masks from different passes to make it look like it’s painted.

-Sudhan

clientWork003-November 3,2016.jpg

Some exploratory sculpts for a recent freelance job.

ooeCharDevWIP04-November 17,2016.jpg

One of the more refined design explorations, :slight_smile:
[ZBrush render + a bit of compositing in Photoshop]
-Sudhan

Attachments

clientWork003-November 3,2016.jpg

I hate fishies, they bite -.- Haha, WIP03.

conceptPages017WIP03-December 21,2016.jpg

-Sudhan

If it’s possible to procrastinate whilst being busy at the same time, you’ve achieved it:+1:
As a meditating crocodile myself I’ve enjoyed the considered design and artistic experiments in your posts:+1: