ZBrushCentral

Stuff and Nonsence

Nice! I love the cool silvery color theme too.

Cool stuff mate! I love Chanti from Dune and the last one…CatWoman is great! I love the chubby style! Cheers!

Thanks for the comments guys. :smiley:

@ rasmusW : Thanks, Yeah I am kind of playing around with all of that. I was kind of against having her look at the camera but as time goes on I think maybe she is a little too disconnected. Plus I guess you tend to look where you are whipping :stuck_out_tongue:

@ nagulov : Thanks man. I am glad you like it. an ( interesting face )…hehe I am gonna take that as a complement :slight_smile:

@ Mytholon : ha Thanks. Yeah I tried to throw in some colour but I just couldn’t get it to work…perhaps because whenever I think about Catwoman I think of Michelle Pfeiffer in the Tim Burton Batmans. Perhaps I will tinker around a little later but the silvery colour scheme feels nice at the moment.

@ Sergio Ricardo : hehe Thanks.

Thanks again everyone…Updates soon…I hope.

Merry New Year everyone.

I need to work on a lot more than just my likeness’s but here is the first of what I hope will be a heap of practices…and the beginning of my improvement…I hope.

a3luO9.jpg

Pointers and or feedback if you have any would be ace.

Thanks everyone, More soon.

Attachments

a3luO9.jpg

I think that’s a pretty good likeness overall.

Hey duncan, first of all i have to write that that i’m not by far so gifted in ZBRUSH as you are .
But i think the selfportrait is very well done , the only thing i think can be improved is the ear section , especially the top and bottom section where the ear is connected
to the head is a bit different .

greets from Monji .

My own opinion - Eyes(mainly) and forehead(especially where the eyebrows are) need one more push. The other part that needs a bit more work is the ear:
Other than that this is really good work.

11.jpg

Thanks for the feedback everyone, It really means a lot.

@ vlad74 : Thanky so much. Having seen your paintover I can definitely see where you are coming from. I am excited about these exercises and I really hope they help me grow.

@ Monji : Thanks :D. The biggest help with ZBrush is practice. I find I am fine at just sculpting random heads…but I always fail at likenesses. This is just me trying top get better… I hope I am up to the task.

Thanks again everyone.

another study.

RVrhmr.jpg

Attachments

RVrhmr.jpg

nice man!

great job!

Nice work on the lady, dude. :slight_smile:

Wow fantastic work on the girl!

The eyes on the girl are mesmerizing, and her face is lovely. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much everyone,

another one from me. Man Christopher Reeve is a hard dude to sculpt. I am not happy with the likeness but I guess that is why I am practicing.

b5TvXI.jpg

This chart shows how I feel I am going with these studies.
Seems like other artists can just BAM out a likeness in a short session while I take 5 times longer and hit this barrier where no matter how had I try it is always the same amount of wrong just in different ways… so frustrating… Oh well better keep on going.

3sHQa8.jpg

Thanks again everyone.

Attachments

b5TvXI.jpg

He looks fabulous to me!

Seriously, you even caught the asymmetry of his mouth.

(Hope I spelled asymmetry right.)

Good likeness.

I think you nailed the likeness very good.
at least he is instantley recogniceable.
Maybe the tip of his nose and his nostrils could use some more effort.

I think you are being much too hard on yourself. I think you did a good job on this. :+1:
In fact, you have several nice pieces of work here. Keep 'em coming!

Hahah! What I tried to express in several paragraphs of writing, you captured in a single image! That’s exactly how I feel about my sculpting ability. It’s only through sheer bloody-mindedness that I eventually get results I’m happy enough with to post.

But seriously, you’re too hard on yourself. That bust is excellent, and your other work is also of amazing quality.