ZBrushCentral

Study of Anne *UPDATE on page 2* (nudity)

Without doubt, one of the finest models I have seen here. The pose is just perfect. I very much like the new background. It really adds to the delicate nature of the model.

Lets get this on the top row where it belongs.

(but will they??? Nudity???)

Fine, fine work.

Nice work Plunq!
:large_orange_diamond: More imperfections to catch more skin detail.(like elbows)
:large_orange_diamond: The shadows have a nice balence
:+1:

it could be more realistic(my opinion :))[sorry for my bad english]

Better and better!!

Still weight problems?
Fiber, eight glasses of water, might eliminate blockage problems.

Beautiful art, well composed. Just one sugestion and that would be to add a bit of volume or slight bump to the hair, more so around the hair line edges.

> it could be more realistic(my opinion :)) I think one of the beauties of art is though there is criteria to go by such as composition, anatomy, color schemes, etc that everyone has the right to enjoy what they want out of a piece and be subjective to there preferences. That said, its great when you see variations of pieces that range from more realistic to contemporary and so on. I do however, just find it hard to hear how much realism takes a big preference to majority of the masses. There is definitely a place for realistic displays and detail in the art world but sometimes it comes across as the more photo real it gets the better it always will be. I don't think that is necessarily the case. That is why we have cameras and copy machines which can do the mundane tasks of reproduction. Its being able to use the tools man makes to enhance our creativity and originality. Not trying to offend Dani_z3 its just what struck me after reading your post. Just felt inclined to add my two cents. Keep up the great work Plunq and everyone else who contributes to this fine forum here.:+1: :+1:

Man this is beautiful work, I’d love to see more of this sort of thing! So great to see some art for a change. 3D is getting known in the ‘outside’ world as a medium solely for producing animated barnyard animals; heroic sword bearing, physically impossible people, and hideous zombies/monsters/aliens.

Dont get me wrong, I love that stuff (well, not so much the helmeted women with mighty, muscular boobs), but I especially love dinosaurs & the ground breaking film stuff, however…

There has to be a place for fine art work in 3D, after all, I guarantee Michelangelo & Vermeer would have tried Zbrush if it was around. Anyway, your lighting and use of colour are gorgeous, as is the balance & proportion, well done.

I envy your ability, keep it up!

I think one of the beauties of art is though there is criteria to go by such as composition, anatomy, color schemes, etc that everyone has the right to enjoy what they want out of a piece blah blah blah
:confused:

what I wanted to say is that using zbrush there could be created further fotorealistic details
:confused:

what I wanted to say is that using zbrush there could be created further fotorealistic details

Dani_z3,

I understood your intent of what you said which was by all rights your opinion and I just stated mine that was brought about by your comment. Could it have more photorealistic details… I’m sure it could but does it need it? Though Zbrush is more than capable of adding such details was that the intent of the artist? I’m not quite sure you understood my comments. Its all good since we all are entitled to our comments/opinions.

…and thank you ZB central for putting it there. I knew you would… I was just trying to expidite the process… Like one of those childish moments of “I bet you won’t”… or “I double dare you” :wink:

I love this piece. Well done. :slight_smile:

whats wrong with you AngelJ? im not trying to offend you but couldn`t you just add your comments without bothering others?
everybody has his own opinion and we should respect it!

Dani_z3,

If you look closely what you last said I basically mentioned in my last post. Not to mention I did say I wasn’t trying to offend in my original post. No reason for either of us to become distraunt.
This is a GREAT place to enjoy and I’m sure that is our intent. Being able to agree to disagree i’m sure happens a lot here. Have a great day :+1:

sorry for all those foolish words from me:confused:
if you did agree with me and i missunderstood you please forgive me:confused:
if you can believe me, i thought you want to ofend me by telling what you think about my post
besides, your posts look like compositions and i have to be very careful to understand what youre saying:confused: again, sorry for this incident and [color=royalblue]<b><span class="white"></b></span></span>[color=royalblue]<b><span class="white">I[color=plum][color=royalblue][color=lightblue]m sure we can get along
[color=lime]verry well :smiley:

Dani_Z3,

Great, you seem like a nice person and I’m always glad to interact with everyone here. Keep posting I’m sure you have a lot you can offer here and looking forward to you posting more. Glad we could get over this mis-understanding. :slight_smile:

supercool!

Nice work. Nice pose, nice primary lighting. Decent skin and not too heavy handed on the sss. To crit, I think you could use more color in the shadows and more, much more reflected light on the skin. Take a really hard look at a model in that situation and you’ll see that skin is quite reflective. Especially on the dark shadow on her face. Her shoulder would be throwing much more colored light into that shadow. And her rear end would be reflecting and getting a lot of light from the ground. That would really invigorate the image.

-J.

plunq, really well done. great form’s and wieght, nice to see your style project so strongly through the work.

Very wonderfully done. Very realistic.

:grimacing: Amazing…
Looks like real… congratulation buddy
only i ask u to work the light and shadows to bounce the character out
but at the end its a good job wich needs to be posted as a Zscript
thank u.:+1:

Thanks everyone for the comments, I’m so glad that my post has made people here talk about art and computers! That above all was my goal, to make something on the computer that would be seen as fine art. This has definetly inspired me to keep on working on them!

jeremyengleman: Head of a Woman is by far my favourite cg image in a long long time! Your work has inspired my for quite a few years so I’m glad you wrote in on what you thought of Anne. The lighting crit is most welcome, I mostly do modelling and rigging at work so I am trying to learn more about lighting with my own studies. From now on I will never forget the bounced light, it will always stick out like a soar thumb whenever I look at Anne :wink:

I think shorter studies will let me play with skin/lighting with faster turn around, I’ll definetly keep posting my work here so I can keep on getting great crits.

Thanks again everyone for looking, can’t wait to do my next work with Zbrush 3!!!