ZBrushCentral

Start up/Crash issues

I recently have been encountering trouble launching zbrush properly, and would like a opinion on what to do about it.
Here are my symptoms, first when I go to start up zbrush (I click on a taped icon of couse) It dose not start up correctly, I have to go to the “windows task manager” and right-click on the zbrush icon, and click “bring to front”. (I should also not that the zbrush icon does not appear as it’s standard zbrush logo)
then after I click on “bring to front” this Window pops up then zbrush finally runs fine for some time (about 30 minutes) until it crashes with a message that says “Sorry, Zbrush is unable to properly complete this due to a faulty or a incomplete insallation” what the heck is going on? :confused:

Please submit a Support ticket at https://support.pixologic.com

Be sure to include your purchase information (registered name and email address and/or serial number) so that you can be helped more rapidly.

Thanks.

Hello fellows im currently using 4r6 but tried 4r5 portable and 4r4 non of them seem to help me up with the present problem.

So to the problem…
I was working on a file which i was trying to debug so i ran a dynamesh on it but it started to lag a lot, so after ±10 min i decided to close the application. To my ill fortune Zbrush refused to start again, I panicked… searched the web for solutions but nothing helped.

It basically states that Zbrush had an “Abnormal termination” due to unavailability to load “recovered files” and it will be ok when i relaunch Zbrush - but it Wasn’t, i tried relaunching it for 20 win straight- no result…

OK, i said well lets reinstall - did not work; lets do a system restore - no result; -panic started to get the best of me, due a deadline i was to meet, and took the impulse decision to format C:\ and reinstall windows 7 x64 SP1 dec 2013 update+latest C++2013.

After 3 wasted hours still no result.
Tried uninstalling with Revo Uninstaler to clean all remnants of the previously installed program, though it found the infamous recovered file it did not helped.

Help me fellows i Completely reinstalled my computer and the same error is still present. I know the fault is mine but i seem to fail at finding a solution i will appreciate your time and effort if you o decided to answer me.
so far i was able to allocate that the problem is not from Zbrush and is not from Windows could it be hardware and if so how to check?
Thank you for your attention.

You should be on ZB4R6 P2…
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?178981-Questions-amp-Troubleshooting-for-ZBrush-4R6-read-first-post-for-P2-Patch-instruction

I have the same problem as angryuser, “Abnormal Termination: Recovered file(s) stored in ‘Recovered Files’ directory and will be available to you when you relaunch ZBrush”. ZBrush won’t open. I’ts not related to P2 update because this error occurs even without updating. I have reinstalled several times, reboot the system, nothing. It still persists. This error came from nowhere. Yesterday it was working just fine. Any help is much welcome!!!

If you did a reinstall it’s unlikely that you did a FULL reinstall. In other words, I’m guessing you never touched the ZBrushData folder, which is left behind after uninstalling and contains the recovery files.

Let’s first have you try deleting the contents of C:\Users\Public\Documents\ZBrushData\QuickSave (on Mac it would be \Users\Shared\ZBrushData\QuickSave)

If that doesn’t allow ZBrush to restart, uninstall ZBrush and delete its folder. Also delete the ZBrushData folder. This way you’ll truly be back to a blank slate. Then install ZBrush again.

Install done***65292;but when i use the zbrush4r6……Got a problrm***65281;I Can’t launch ZBrush.help me please***65281;thank you***65281;

My first recommendation would be to update to the P2 patch. That had a number of bug fixes. In your ZBrush folder, run the ZUpgrader application.