ZBrushCentral

Spotlight and ZApplink views not stored in project?

Hi all,
when working with reference images I found that neither the spotlight images settings nor the zapplink views cust1/cust2 are saved in a zpr project file. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Martin

Hi Martinn.

As far as I know Spotlights must be reloaded each session. Save your custom Spotlight via Texture> Save Spotlight to the Lightbox directory, and then recall it (Texture > Load Spotlight) on demand into your session.

ZApp Link views can be saved in the Document> ZApp link Properties menu via “Save Views”, and recalled via “Load Views”.

Hi Spyndel,

thanks! I thought ZBrush did save those - but I must have remembered wrong.
Is there a good place for placing a feature request - saving those settings with the project file seems natural to me.

Thanks - Martin

Yes, feature requests can be made via support ticket, one per ticket.

The problem is as you work with Zbrush, you’ll find that there’s already a lot competition for storage space in a project file, and just having multiple tools with all their subtools can quickly bloat a file size with Zbrush. Eventually you reach a point where that starts causing serious technical issues, and your file may fail to save anymore. So it’s probably best if more situational data that can already be recalled easily through other means stayed external.

OK… thanks for the information!

• Martin