ZBrushCentral

Something like C4D Spline wrap?

Hi, I’m looking for a method of wrapping a tool along a curve (like the C4D spline wrap modifier). I’ve played around with IMM Curve brushes, but the Tri Parts is not fitting the bill as I don’t want a repeating center section. The tools I am wanting to use for this are braids with beading and leather-wrapping details that do not repeat.

Any help greatly appreciated - ZBR newb loving to learn!

Hello @gorillapineapple

Welcome to ZBC!

I’m not aware of a way to do this with curve brushes.

Probably one of the best ways to do this now would be to use the Dynamics simulation with features like “On Masked” to wrap a mesh around another object. This is best done with a low poly mesh. So if you have a high resolution mesh you’ll want to create a low poly topology base for it with multiple subdivision levels, wrap the low poly version. The changes will transfer upward to the highest subdivision level.

I’d also make you aware of the Bend Curve deformer. You can create control points a long a curve and deform the mesh by manipulating the control points. With care, you could pose a mesh along a curve this way.

There are also other ways to force a mesh to conform to the contour of another object. Creating an IM brush with a Brush> Modifier> Projection Strength of 100 is one way–again better performed with a lower poly mesh.

Match Maker is another.

If you have further questions about any of these features, just ask.

Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face: