ZBrushCentral

some Z works by Tomala

Great skin shaders, really great work!!!

Tomala, your renders are amazing, what a great piece! You said you used the displacement export to get the bump map… I have played with several settings, is there a specific way you exported it?

Thanks for comments guys :slight_smile:

Thought I have some hair test renders to show today but haven’t finish it yet.
tez maps for You:

sssLayers.jpg

I also use sss weight map and it’s black with some bright areas(ears, nostral) where I want sss to be visible.

Nice work, great shading! :+1:

Thankyou for posting the maps. When you got time, could you also please show some comparison shots with, and without SSS applied, and maybe some with certain maps turned off like all but the diffuse?

What it is, iv got Modo too, and havent got the skin shader MR has. I like the way yours has turned out, and with these mentioned comparisons it would help me a great deal in nailing the problem in not getting these results.

Cheers. :+1:

great images really

I think ryjek1 need more specular on his nose but everything is really nice

I want to see ryjek1 wireframe or zbrush model

Yep, real nice skinshader! Your sculpts are looking nice and clean. :+1:

looking great! very nice renders and really realistic :+1:

Nice job !
The skin shaders are great !
How much time to render one frame ?

Hello guys, thanks for comments and sorry for late replay :slight_smile:

Just made first hair render, it’ll be more difficult than I expect to make the hair look as i want it to look.
I’m going to make some light setup tests now and some skin shader refinement. I wanted to try sss + displacement but my computer is too slow for tests I think.
Burton I will post this comparison as soon as possible, I didn’t have much time this time but I promise to post it next time. Lately I spent obout 3 hours a week making cg stuff, so it’s definitely not enough :wink:
AmrThabet here You go:
ryjekhead.jpg

Attachments

ryjeksiatka.jpg

elfhairtest.jpg

I love the elf image…and the softness of the skin is very warm and endearing… keep it coming brother…

Really impressive work and great that you share details from your work like that. Thank you. :smiley: Love the shading/texturing, so good.

Nice works there. I love your texturing skills too!! Superb!! :slight_smile:

Thanks for comments :lol:

miketackle36 sorry I missed Your qestion last time. I just turn on mode and adaptive buttons in tool>displacement menu and set the resolution of disp map. That’s all, then I flip my disp map vericaly then and export it using export button in alpha menu.
Burton I made some maps on and off comparison for You, hope it’ll help a little:
Maps_comparison1.jpg

Attachments

Maps_comparison2.jpg

Maps_comparison3.jpg

very nice work and shader setup :slight_smile:

Stunning work my friend!!!

Thanks for posting these extra pics, iv been interested myself about the comparisons as its hard to determind what is doing what at what ballance. I see that Sub dermal is realy adding a nice layer to make it real.

What colours does the sss shader use without any maps?

Thanks.

Is the hair 3d or Photoshopped?

Thanks for comments guys :slight_smile:

tez there are the colours of my sss if You curious but it completly doesen’t matter because of maps:
ssscolours.jpg

Attachments

hairmax.jpg

i like the elf the most

also, this is a very informative tutorial like post