ZBrushCentral

some Z works by Tomala

Hi Tomala, new sculpt is great! I see what you mean with: “I’m not happy with skin material, ears and eyes” (mind you: I wouldn’t be able to make this!), but I’m glad you posted and mentioned what bothers you, cause now we will be able to see/follow how you solve these issues :+1: !

tez, this is a setup of my skin shader and renders with no diffuse but as i said i’m still working on it:
settingsJPG2.jpg

For bump map I used displacement map created in zbrush

KillahPriest thanks man, almost all of textures I post here was made in zbrush because i have big problem with ps on my comuter (if there’s a need I’m using gimp). What I can say about texturing- I think theres a few great video tutorials that can be very usefull especially “character texturing for production” with Ian Joyner.
Santis thanks :slight_smile:
Ether thanks man, that’s motivating :slight_smile:

Attachments

no diffuse renders.jpg

ZBrush renders.jpg

:slight_smile: , :+1: !

Hello,
I’ve just finished this head from posts above. Not really happy with final results, hope next one will be better.

How long did it take you to do those bumps…? They look spectacular! What kind of alpha are you using?

the buttons of her shirt are on the male side :wink: Nice work so far… The face feels a bit square and boxy in some renders but I really like the shaded version of the detail…

stunning work keep up the great work, that bump map man the bump. I never knew the buttons are placed differently on women shirts.

very realistic work are here
keep inspiring

HaloAnimator thanks :), adding skin detail is a quite fast process. Before last subdivide I added some skin bumps using alpha 08 and spray stroke. After final subdivide I created other details with my pores alpha:
skinpores4.jpg

Attachments

Ztool.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING!!, really nice sculpt.

can i ask how you made such nice hair? i see the mesh int he zbrush screenshot, but how did you get the final render of the hair and eyebrows so realistic?

(sorry if its a simple process, as right now im just trying to learn :))

thanks for all the info on your alpha maps too, that will DEFINITELY help me a whole lot when i start sculpting.

idrisguitar thanks, eyeprows are just sculpted and painted :smiley:
For hair creation I used 3ds max’s hair and fur. I used splines for hair guides:
1.jpg

The whole model was rendered with raytraced shadows and FG because shadow maps aren’t good for that. I combined hair and rest of render later in photoshop.

Attachments

4.jpg

6.jpg

Cool…smart idea about the bumps using the spray stroke… that is kick ass. I am about to try that real quick on an older model. And I love the method you use with the eyes using a piece of the sphere for the cornea…

Thanks for sharing your hair settings.

Really nice work. I think that, going forward, if you tanspose master to pose your models - even if it’s just a little - it will go a long way toward making your work look less stiff.

thanks sooo much tomala, you have really helped with these posts.

Thanks for comments guys :slight_smile:

This is a first sketch af the new wip I’ve just started:
new wip.jpg

Attachments

inspiration.jpg

hey tomala !
nice tutorial. I still trying the same thing. but I use Vray for rendering. so my skin shader is different. I never did real skin before. I also will use hair and fur too. so thanks for sharing your settings !!! great work :+1:

I forgot one thing. I don´t think that the ears are good… I would rework them. they are not perfect yet :wink: they look unnatural…

pitchepuck thanks for comment, I completly agree with you, not only ears looks strange but alot more things need to be redone. It was barely started and I will put some work on it if I find some time.

I’m currently working on elf portrait and I need Your advice guys. I think I’ll paste my post from cgtalk here.
What do You think, is her face too skiny? I wanted it to be thin but maybe it looks strange for you.
Also wanted to ask about skin shader, is it ok or I should spend more time on it?
Eyebrows will be made with splines, I barely started so don’t pay attention to them.
I will post some hair test images soon.

Model was done in max(basemesh) then sculpted in zbrush and rendered in max(mental ray).
Any comments are welcome :slight_smile:

ZBCThumb1.jpg
[attach=156901]Elfshots.jpg[/attach]

Skin close up:

[attach=156903]Skinclose.jpg[/attach]

And another another skin shader test I made couple weeks ago:

[attach=156904]ryjek1.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Skinclose.jpg

ryjek1.jpg

Wow!! all i can say is wow! top row please! human faces like that are really hard to make it look realistic!, and you make it!, looking forward to see moree! :smiley: 5 stars! for real

Nice modeling, very clean, I like it. Can you show me the texture maps you used to get that render please. Im using Modo, and am trying to get the ballance right between the maps.

Thanks.

Your models are superb, but the skin shaders are amazing! Truly inspirational stuff. Thanks for sharing. :smiley: :+1: