ZBrushCentral

Some Work I've Done....YAY!

Heres a work in progress of my latest little project…

Base Mesh Start - Was built in 3DS MAX

Started to do more details and high frequency detailing.

Polypainted and slightly changed the model for a tad asymmetry.

Fibre mesh used as exported splines for hair test rendering.

First test render in 3DS MAX using Mental Ray.

There are currently no eyebrows nor are there any eyelashes, thats the next stop for me.
Decided I dont like the hair so I’m going to redo it and add a little more such as a hoody perhaps or a top of some sort.

Hope you will give me some crits and comments so I can improve. Many thanks for looking. :+1:

(P.S. Sorry for the crazy long post on this. Didn’t think the images would take up that much space :o )

Hi there.

You have some interesting designs, and concepts, plenty of character in some of them. A few things that will help is try not to sculpt “on” the lips, but rather sculpt “out” of the geometry you have. Look at the lips as there being a upper lip, and lower lip, the upper being more forward over hanging the lower. There should be more edge to the bottom middle of the lip than the outside, this will help you avoid the lemon style lips.

Again for the eyes, try to avoid the Lemon style eyes by pulling the upper and lower lids in slight oposite directions, that being the upper (medial) portion, the bit closer towards the nose, and the (Lateral) lower outside portion of the lid. Close to the tear duct, (refference to the right eye) just to the right of it, pull a small bit of the lower lid up, your after creating curves, rather than symetrical forms. Same goes for the overlapping edge of the eye lids, look at lots of refferences and see how they vary.

Keep about a eye’s width between the two eyes, this helps set the width of the nose, you dont have to stick 100% to these guides, but keep them in mind as you go. There is plenty more things, but for now, id check out some drawing books, look at the skull, and its forms, as im sure your doing. Look where parts of the skull is the highest, widest points, look at the angle of the (Zygomatic) Cheek bone and the arch, by doing this your set your self some rules that will be sculpted out within the first few seconds when you start new sculpts.

Keep posting, and enjoy, hope that helps.

Danny.

Hey Jonboy,

I like the sculpts, although I will agree that the pores in the mental ray render are a bit big. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Hi guys, I’m amazed at how long it has been since I last posted and a little ashamed :cry:.

I have been out of zbrush for so long, mainly concentrating on my full time work! (which is 3DS Max and Exhibition designs). I recently decided enough was enough and bought myself a Intuos Tablet, I had previously had the Wacom Bamboo but found it was just far to small for me to be comfortable with.

Anyways, enough chatting from me, this is the first sculpt I have started with my new larger tablet (still a WIP), Let me know what you guys think?..

Thanks for taking time to look! JB :smiley:

Hi guys, thought I would share a couple WIP renders I finally did of my Vamp.

Vampire_WIP3_ZBC.jpg
Vampire_WIP2_ZBC.jpg

how did you do the beanie??

Greenshoes how did you do the beanie??

Hi Greenshoes,

Sorry for the late reply, I modeled the beanie base mesh in 3DS Max, unwrapped the UV so the texturing was simpler, then brought it into zbrush to mould it to the head and added the tag and such after in 3DS Max. Textures were done in Photoshop. It’s a fairly simple process. Hope this helps. :smiley:

JB.