ZBrushCentral

Some Work I've Done....YAY!

Hi, Just a quick update. Still no hair but I’ve made slight changes to her features and played with the camera settings slightly again, also added a top and a quick background comp. Let me know what your thoughts are?

Crits & Comments welcomed :smiley:

Quick_Comp_1.jpg

I’ve finally got some hair on her, albeit not the greatest of hairstyles but hey ho!

Let me know what you guys think? :slight_smile:

Test_With_Hair1.jpg

First of all your render and lighting seem to be pretty awesome. The problem lies on the model itself. I am by no means an expert on anatomy or proportions but I can tell you a few things that seem to be “wrong”.

-the head seems a bit short vertically compared to body and neck. I would say bring the chin down a bit and hairline back. I made a subtle move in liquify to show what I am talking about.
Test_With_Hair1_suggestions.jpg

• the eyes and eyebrows seem to be a bit lifeless. The eyes are a bit on the discolored side and they just don’t seem round enough, not to mention reflective enough. The eyebrows are a bit strong and they don’t seem like hair much. Try to layer your hairs so that it has a better transition.

• soften the areas of the neck and clavicle a bit. It looks a bit awkward(I have the same flaw in a lot of my older human sculpts.

Again this is what I see might make a difference, take it as you may. GL

Keep it going, It’s looking good.

First off, thanks to both demonfetus and nicksc for their feedback. I’ve shelved the female portrait for the moment, will be starting it back up soonish, just thought I’d have a break from it for the time being.

In the meantime, here’s something I started up a last night. Thought I’d post a quick render to see what you guys think?

Thanks for looking. :smiley:

1.jpg

Hi guys, this is my first “quick” 1hr sculpt. I think its came out not too bad, just thought I’d show you guys. :slight_smile:

ZBrush Document.jpgZBrush Document3.jpg

Crits & Comments more than welcome. :wink:

her skin detailing is great:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

Thanks KC, I’m a big fan of your work, so for you to drop by and give me feedback is awesome! Many many thanks!:smiley:

So, I’ve been fairly busy with work and haven’t had as much time as I would like with this, but this is where I’m at so far…

Crits & Comments please…:smiley:

Front.jpgqtr_view.jpg

oO Those eyes are staring into my soul hehe. Realistic though. I think you could give him a bit more chin maybe and the area between the eyebrows and the actual eye could bulge out more. But good job and keep going.

Hey nick, thanks for the comments, I’m in 2 minds at the moment wether to push the model more ‘older’ female or masculine female, my modelling needs tweaking slightly and I feel looking at it now, the eyes aren’t situated correctly, it might just be me, I’m staring at it too long I think haha. It might come a little more to life with some hair and maybe a little more asymmetry.

Oh my bad, I thought it was a man…sorry. If you’re looking for an older woman look then you’re headed in the right direction. Maybe shrink the lower lip a bit and touch up the nose. Also inflat the area over the eye and droop it down some. IF you’d like, I have an art book in digital format that explains aging and the effects on the human skin. If you’d like to read it let me know and I’ll send it to you. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: WOW cheers! I would greatly appreciate that! :+1:small_orange_diamond:D

As for thinking it was a man…no worries, It started out just as a quick 1 hour sculpt and I was in 2 minds what to do when I was sculpting, hahaha! :o

I’m going to take your feedback on board and hopefully post something up in the next day or so. Thank you!

Great! Cant wait to see it :smiley:

Hopefully I’m going in the right direction with this…here’s some slight progress on it, let me know what you guys think??

Qtr_view_New.jpgFront_New.jpg

woo! Nice update! :smiley: I really dont know what reference images you’re working with right now but I found one on the internet: http://www.extrospection.com/archives/2004/08/IMG_7156.jpg . Maybe by looking at it you can tell what areas you need to modify. Like the middle brow area isnt so big and inflated. The tip of the nose is smaller. Etc… I hope you understand. I have to say though, its coming along great, just stick with it and you’ll see the fruits of your labor :smiley:

Been far too busy at work lately so I thought I’d cram a little sculpt in, hope you like! :smiley:

Another day another sculpt…thought I’d add some colour this time. Hope you like! :smiley:

This is my first time using Fiber Mesh, and I’ve gotta say I’m loving it!! Can’t believe it took me so long to test it out! :mad:

Anyways , this took 2hrs starting with a Dynamesh sphere, most of the time was taken up with playing about with the Fiber Mesh settings lol! :lol: Hope you like!

God I’m crap at keeping this thread up to date, I’ll turn over a new leaf…promise!!

Anyways, I thought I’d do a re-render with some shader and lighting tweaks to a previous model. I will hopefully finish this model quite soon.

Let me know what you guys think. :o