ZBrushCentral

Sneak peek #1 of ZBrush 4R2

Awesome, yay, blah blah blah.

Are we actually getting any info about bug corrections or not? That is more important for some us then what you guys ‘added’. I mean those are nothing to be proud of since some programs in under a year integrated Pixar-Sub-D and PTex…considering how powerful ZBrush’s render engine is, and how much was added to it, I thought you guys would throw it as a fluff at best, not a main title header for what is to come.

If this is honestly what is the ‘main’ meal at this buffet, I would hate to see the appetizer and ice-cream at the end.

how’s the auto retopo coming along?

Calm yourself a minute, Ace. This is pre-beta info. Studios are pretty hush hush in the alpha phases. This bit of info is brought to us by the goodness of their hearts. Hold off a little while before it would we worth while to throw out some hate. Bug fixes are always a prevalent need and they are working on them as they crop up. Thing to also remember is from a marketing standpoint, it’s not great advertisement to talk about bug-fixes as the major item. A sense of innovation is the key and improving the artist’s options even by a little bit makes the prize more delectable. In the mean time, just try to hold the angry view until you see the actual product, then tell it as it is.

ohhhhhh no… im weak and unpatient. i will have to suffer. please release this short. there will be any improvement in the rigging area… ?

These look great.
What I would love to see in the next release is the option to paint directly to texture. Creating plug-ins that Go back and fowarth between photoshop is ok and still usefull, but it’s something thats been missing and would enhance any workflow. It would be nice to have the choice.

i uses zbrush since the days of zbrush 2.0, now days there are alot of demands on technologies that becoming more and more standardized in the industry specially at work pipeline in the studios … i have all the respect in the world for Pixologic cause they gave us what others couldn’t back then, however in so many threads here on zbrushcentral alot of professionals in the industry requested some updates that some competitive packages addressed already, i wish my number one company in the world “Pixologic” could do the same … i like the fact you guys keep pushing the envelope by creating new features but in all honesty i suggest you to work on the other issues on the other hand, Utlizing more than 4G mem ( 64-bit version ) … Vector displacement ( we use it alot at work with Renderman and MayaMan “Film/TVCs”) … linux version (both big and small studios yes uses Linux ) … and few other suggestions from your fans here on the forums starting from beginners /intermediate / to senior artists … I’ll drink for the day when these updates comes true in Zbrush next versions

thanks for great continues success … cause pixologic your success is our success,you help us create better art … Cheers

Beautiful renders!!! I’m excited :slight_smile:

need PTex!!! :wink:

i would agree with you… if i weren’t still working around bugs that have been in since Z3. Some even as old as Z2.

just sayin… pixologic has set a precendent already, what he was saying is perfectly fair given the circumstances.

Ok, my jaw dropped again!!! can’t wait to get my hands on this!!! Nice work Pixocrew.

Can we PLEASE get support for lowercase firle extentions. Maya throws a fit wit the all caps extentions that ZBrush uses by default.

Oh yeah, this is awesome! :sunglasses: :+1:
Yesterday I was actually thinking about when the next release would come.

Looks very nice.

I’m torn though between wanting to cheer pixologic for still providing these free impressive updates and frustrated (possibly unfairly) because the core modelling, texturing, pipeline stuff still needs work.

Modelling is brilliant in zbrush, but retopology has moved on lightyears from when pixologic first implemented their solution. The lack of a 64 bit version still hurts as well.

Texturing is particularly bad. I work in games - I really need a more viable photoshop like solution with multiple layers, pds exports and not being limited by poly counts. This has lagged behind for years and ends up forcing my studio to use apps like mudbox more and more which is leapfrogging zbrush. We’re also still limited after all these years to only a couple of file formats - which seems insane.

Rendering is great - but a vast majority of users will export from the package and use, say, vray for their final model.

I can’t really complain with a free update, but I always get the impression the development of the package is partially based on what interests pixologic, rather than what the users are asking for. In some respects that’s made them the innovative and wonderful package we all love; in others it’s meant much needed areas are ignored for years at a time.

Fantastic that the render quality will be improved. I make 100% use of the ZBrush render, then import it to photoshop. This is my workflow (and I think a lot of people work like this), so I am very happy with this upcoming update.

This, as well as many other things, is why I will always live here with Pixologic until the end of days! I, for one, am truly honored and proud beyond words at being witness to the revolutionary growth of this fine company and its unmatched flagship, ZBrush!

Bravo Team Pixologic!

You all never fail to keep your followers invested and yearning for more!

Though you constantly reinvent yourselves, you still manage to redefine this industry while staying firm on presence and purpose.

Kudos!

Like some here I am torn between loving the results of the renderer and the fact that osx users still don’t have the feature to look for references within zbrush (the web connection) or the ability to have sub directories within lightbox. The sub directories thing is the most important to me as I have no way of organizing my work using it so it is a mess of models at the moment.

Hopefully these missing features will be added in this upcoming update.

Cheers anyway

Mike Ross

very impressive, nice transparency and the lighting cap looks great… But i’d more impressed with a 64 bit Zbrush :smiley:

Awesome. The robot renders look great; this white porcelain/plastic render is amazing.
LightCap! You guys are crazy…:+1:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:

very exciting! thanks guys

Great !!!