ZBrushCentral

Skype not liking .gif3D?

So I was playing with starting a basemesh in ZBrushCore (as both my wife and myself have it from the bundle with the Wacom Intuos3D bundle package) using ZSpheres. I was going to send a Gif3D of the adaptive skinned model as a quick preview, so I figured I’d send it over Skype, because it can work as a thumnail image there too, right? But I saved the file without hitting the A for adaptive skin. I loaded the Gif3D myself to test it thinking it wouldn’t work, but amazingly it did. So Gif3D can save ZSphere rigs, not only sculpted geometry.
That is incredible in itself!!!

But, I tried to send it to her over Skype, and Skype keeps deleting the file.
I can send it fine as a PNG3D, or a project file, but it doesn’t seem to like Gif3D. I’ve tried the same thing again when it is an adaptive skinned model shown in the image instead, but again, Skype deletes it.

Can anyone else replicate Gif3D not sending to be received over Skype (not just this one)? Or might it just be this one model? Manticore1_ZSphere

Please ignore the naffness of the basemesh itself, that’s besides the point.

Hello @sbmongoose,

After some quick tests, I can confirm that Skype does not appear to like the GIF variant of the iMage3d format. We’ll take a look at it.

Thank you!

Hi Spyndel,

Thanks, I figured it was probably just me, but it seemed weird. Thanks for replying and letting me know it’s not me being crazy :-p That’s reasurring at least :smiley:

But the whole ZSpheres in iMage3D??!!? That’s pretty darned amazing, and way more than was shown in the Core Mini announcements! Looking forward to testing what else the format allows now too!
You guys at Pixologic are working magic!